Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Bargains!

Options
  • 27-02-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Sorry Xiney and Bobcar, thought this deserved a bit of exposure before moving to the Bargains thread?

The Pet Discount Store (Not sure of the name, opposite the Mercy school on Pearse Road)

40kg Polish Coal e13.50
    3 Bales Briquettes e10
    Slack e11 (Haven't seen this in years - great stuff)

Coal Bunkers from e110

Really good prices, and nice chaps too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I don't like any of that 'durty' coal....too messy for me, great prices though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

A pet store that sells coal?? mmm strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭glezo

Sorry Xiney and Bobcar, thought this deserved a bit of exposure before moving to the Bargains thread?

The Pet Discount Store (Not sure of the name, opposite the Mercy school on Pearse Road)

40kg Polish Coal e13.50
    3 Bales Briquettes e10
    Slack e11 (Haven't seen this in years - great stuff)

Coal Bunkers from e110

Really good prices, and nice chaps too.

can ya tell me this what size is a normal bag of coal is it 20 kg
    cause if it is the pollish coal is a bargin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

glezo wrote: »

Glezo,
    I know it's only minor but please watch the spelling and txt language.
    Might be necessary to invest in a dictionary.

If your not more careful in the future more serious action will be taken. Consider this a warning as it's not the first time it was said to you. My Co-Mod Xiney said this to you in a different thread.

In answer to your question.it is Polish coal,not pollish coal and the coal that you would usually get in a petrol station is 20kg so certainly bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

glezo wrote: »

This is the normal "big" bag - the ones the coal delivery man would have.

The garages and shops usually do the small 20kg bags.

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Glezo,

If your not more careful in the future more serious action will be taking.Consider this a warning as it's not the first time it was said to you.My Co-Mod Xiney said this to you in a different thread.

In answer to your question,it is Polish coal,not pollish coal...

Funny.

Glezo was asking how big the bags were, not how to spell the brand of coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Funny.

Glezo was asking how big the bags were, not how to spell the brand of coal.

Shh, I don't know what your talking about Tequilla. Why is the "you.My" in bold,what's wrong with it?

What else do they sell in that place apart from pet food,I haven't been in there yet.

Shh, I don't know what your talking about Tequilla. Why is the "you.My" in bold,what's wrong with it?

What else do they sell in that place apart from pet food,I haven't been in there yet.

You should leave two spaces after a full stop. Especially when correcting someones grammar!

That shop is cool, they do big bags of spuds, bird tables, briquettes and kennels. All your needs catered for in one spot. Take that Homebase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Glezo,

If your not more careful in the future more serious action will be taken. Consider this a warning as it's not the first time it was said to you. My Co-Mod Xiney said this to you in a different thread.

In answer to your question.it is Polish coal,not pollish coal and the coal that you would usually get in a petrol station is 20kg so certainly bigger.

Sorry Bob, I know you are new to this but if you want to pull somebody up about spelling then I think you should check your reply first. E.g. If you are pulling somebody up about "txt language" then you should write "text language". In the sentence where you used "your" it should be "you're".

"Might be necessary to invest in a dictionary." I think we can all invest in a dictionary..... :D (especially Mr.T. Because I'm sick of being his dictionary, Darling.....) Oh, and there is one space after a comma. ;)

I'll have to check this shop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I thought everyone spelled it "txt spk" when demonstrating what isn't acceptable.

Anyway... carry on. Good deals on coal, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Has the power gone to someones head:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Glezo,

Oh dear... a spelling lesson written in very poor English - it's like the blind leading the blind. ;)

I would also like to note that not everyone can spell properly & some people suffer from dyslexia. If you read The Weekender you'll see that it is in fact rampant. :D

Anyhow... Is there anywhere that sells polished coal - the stuff we normally get is awful sooty?

Oh dear... a spelling lesson written in very poor English - it's like the blind leading the blind. ;)

I would also like to note that not everyone can spell properly & some people suffer from dyslexia. If you read The Weekender you'll see that it is in fact rampant. :D

Anyhow... Is there anywhere that sells polished coal - the stuff we normally get is awful sooty?

And some dont have the dictionary handy all the time, mine just keeps going upstairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sunnyside out

Glezo,

can you explain bobcar, but why is glezo's post so wrong ?????
    that more serious action could be taken

Alright guys, the power hasn't gone to bobcar's head! He's just new. Sure, I had a bloody feedback thread within a day or two of taking over mod :D

Be patient with us and if you have issues just pm us, we're nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sunnyside out

Xiney wrote: »
    Alright guys, the power hasn't gone to bobcar's head! He's just new. Sure, I had a bloody feedback thread within a day or two of taking over mod :D

Be patient with us and if you have issues just pm us, we're nice people.

ok xiney, im only new to this so im kinda getting used to wat to expect,

what ive picked up on is that theirs people on theses boards keeping a eye on things am i rite

exactly sunnyside out - bobcar and I are the moderators of the Sligo forum. Everywhere else on boards we're just regular users, just like moderators of other forums are regular users here.

We try to keep things running smoothly. The Sligo forum is generally easy to moderate since everyone here is sound :)

Welcome to the forum - I hope you enjoy it and stick around! It's an excellent way to keep on top of what's going on in Sligo since we've got a bunch of members who keep us informed!

Xiney wrote: »
    exactly sunnyside out - bobcar and I are the moderators of the Sligo forum. Everywhere else on boards we're just regular users, just like moderators of other forums are regular users here.

We try to keep things running smoothly. The Sligo forum is generally easy to moderate since everyone here is sound :)

Welcome to the forum - I hope you enjoy it and stick around! It's an excellent way to keep on top of what's going on in Sligo since we've got a bunch of members who keep us informed!

Bobcar was asking for it.. we were all watching with baited breath, his swift rise to the top & were all waiting expectantly, for his first slip-up that would lead to his eventual downfall. Whoever thought that it would be a case of bad grammar that caused it all. :D

Bobcar was asking for it.. we were all watching with baited breath, his swift rise to the top & were all waiting expectantly, for his first slip-up that would lead to his eventual downfall. Whoever thought that it would be a case of bad grammar that caused it all. :D

You are such a b*tch!

Did you ever find that clean coal Dublin boy? *sniggers*

It's nobody's eventual downfall :pac:

• Advertisement

You are such a b*tch!

Did you ever find that clean coal Dublin boy? *sniggers*

No - but I have the missus out the back cleaning the soot off by hand with an old tootbrush. ;)

No - but I have the missus out the back cleaning the soot off by hand with an old tootbrush. ;)

Anything for a bit of piece I'd say. Careful now or she'll make a run for it! Run Mrs Starbelgrade RUN!!!

Anything for a bit of piece I'd say. Careful now or she'll make a run for it! Run Mrs Starbelgrade RUN!!!

She can't get the chains off. ;)

She can't get the chains off. ;)

your spoiling your mrs. with a chain all the way to the garden. Mrs. T chain goes no further then the sink and computer.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Hmmm, what was that someone was saying before about the blind leading the blind? All together now..... peace.... not piece :D

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Hmmm, what was that someone was saying before about the blind leading the blind? All together now..... peace.... not piece :D

I know, after I posted I couldn't edit it (weird). I was furious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Big_Mac wrote: »

Hands up who are double checking their spelling and grammar from now on!:D I know Mr. T is.... *sigh*

Back to the shop... :p Do they have Royal Canin dog food?

Advertisement