Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenya, Tanzania & Zanzibar

• 27-02-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how easy these countries are to do independently? one possible idea would be to fly into mombasa and spend 4/5 days there, then maybe make our way to arusha to do a safari, and then to zanzibar for about a week. and fly out of dar es salaam? It would be for next December/January.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

They are very easy to travel around, with the only pain in the a$$ being the visa ... Tanzania charge Irish people $100 (UK citizens is $50), if your getting the ferry to Zanzibar pay in local currency, they charge more if paying by dollars.

All the roads south if Isiolo in Kenya are in pretty good shape and buses are easy to get. For long distance travel between Kenya and Tanzania I would recommend the scandinavian bus company.

Enjoy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how easy these countries are to do independently? one possible idea would be to fly into mombasa and spend 4/5 days there, then maybe make our way to arusha to do a safari, and then to zanzibar for about a week. and fly out of dar es salaam? It would be for next December/January.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I spent about a month there in Dec 07, travelled on my own to catch up with a friend already in Arusha. I flew in and out of Nairobi and just got a local bus across to Arusha. Didn't get stung for anything like $100 dollars for the visa, but just posted away my old passport to get a new one so can't tell you exactly what it cost.

Anyhoo, pm me if you want more info/have any questions...

Advertisement