Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my module

Options
  • 27-02-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Heard one of the election candidates saying he would bring in a 'Rate my module' thing for electives. Any one want to get the ball rolling? I suppose personal comments on lecturers abilities are a no-no

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Donal "I ORGANISE EVERYTHING" o something mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

pathway33 wrote: »
    Heard one of the election candidates saying he would bring in a 'Rate my module' thing for electives.
    As they did in 06 07 08....

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I can't see the point.

In secondary school, all they did was provide a place for the students to say "this teacher is a legend!!!!!" or "worst teacher ever". No changes were ever made because of it. The idea that they would actually spark any change to modules is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

samsamson wrote: »
    I can't see the point.

In secondary school, all they did was provide a place for the students to say "this teacher is a legend!!!!!" or "worst teacher ever". No changes were ever made because of it. The idea that they would actually spark any change to modules is ridiculous.

and then it was shut down.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

Donal "I ORGANISE EVERYTHING" o something mentioned it

"Donal's idea; Donal made it happen"

fact: at least one of donal's ideas that he say he will bring in next year has already been done by this years SU and will be brought in next year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

pathway33 wrote: »
    Heard one of the election candidates saying he would bring in a 'Rate my module' thing for electives. Any one want to get the ball rolling? I suppose personal comments on lecturers abilities are a no-no
    As far as I can read on his pamphlet he didn't say he was going to bring it in, it already exists, he's just going to encourage the use of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

pathway33, Donald-Duck, and aequinoctium banned for posting on SU election related matters without posting allegiances

These bans will be lifted if they PM me with such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

kev_s88 wrote: »
    and then it was shut down.....

not very effectively or permanently, a quick glance over to ratemyteacher.com says...

Advertisement