Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wind generator

Options
  • 27-02-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

does anyone know to build a wind generator,,[milltown]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Er, do we not have enough of it here?

Or are you looking for a wind turbine? to make electricity from wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

• Registered Users Posts: 7 landykid60

quote=Cuddleworthy;59215689]Er, do we not have enough of it here?

Or are you looking for a wind turbine? to make electricity from wind?[/quote]
    HI THERE, i want to make electricty from a wind turbine, but i want to make it from scratch, using plywood,copper wire to make fewinds, and magnets,i have a little reshearc done on it but not a lot, TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

there's a ot of info on the link in carchaeologist"s post, but to be honest it is tough enough to build one from scratch,there is a lot of engineering involved in the construction of turbines... if you are looking to create a substantial amount of power I can't see one built from ply-wood being any way viable to be honest, altho these guy's seemed to get ok results...
    http://www.otherpower.com/17page1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 landykid60

there's a ot of info on the link in carchaeologist"s post, but to be honest it is tough enough to build one from scratch,there is a lot of engineering involved in the construction of turbines... if you are looking to create a substantial amount of power I can't see one built from ply-wood being any way viable to be honest, altho these guy's seemed to get ok results...
    http://www.otherpower.com/17page1.html
    o.k i will check out that site ,thanks.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement