Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Joomla on eircom server

• 27-02-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm currently learning my way in Joomla and creating a site for a friend of mine's business. He has registered a domain and got some web hosting space with eircom. I'm having some issues installing Joomla on the eircom server, though and was wondering if anyone has done this before.

What I think is the problem is that eircom doesn't allow you to connect via FTP in passive mode from behind a firewall. Joomla needs to be uploaded via a passive connection, though (I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere in the documentation, open to correction, though). I don't particularly want to take my firewall down completely (using Comodo) but am unsure what if anything I can change in Comodo that will keep the eircom server happy. Any advice appreciated.

By the way, I thought a passive FTP connection was more secure from a server point of view, seems a strange way for eircom to have things set up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Not allowed to talk hosting here but you would be better with an professional Irish host, where you shouldent get any issues with Joomla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you need help with Eircom specific stuff, please contact Eircom's hosting support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement