Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor gprs

Options
  • 27-11-2004 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

just got my friends my-x5-2 off him
    ive been trying to set up gprs on it using the settings from meteors site
    but all it does is say "network not responding"

im completely at a loss here as i cant send or recv mms or access the web from the phone.

anyone know if i need to request gprs access from meteor or upgrade my sim [its about 3 yrs old]
    or indeed any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

You have to ring up customer care (1905) & get your account activated to use GPRS. I think they tell ya to turn off your phone for 30mins and then back on, then send yourself a blank MMS and it should all be workin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I am with meteor at this present time. IMO, I find them to be the most unhelpful network if not the most unhelpful company which I have ever accociated myself with. Their Customer Policy is an absolute Farse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Dr. Phil wrote:
    I am with meteor at this present time. IMO, I find them to be the most unhelpful network if not the most unhelpful company which I have ever accociated myself with. Their Customer Policy is an absolute Farse!
    Would kinda have to agree with ya there. I lost my password to use their MMS Compose & Store feature on their website. I rang them up to get it and they said they couldn't retrieve it for me, like come on, I'm sure its jus a simple query on a database :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

thanks for the quick repsonses
    ill give them a ring in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I gave rang them eight times....... Got what I wanted ZERO Times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

rang up at half two
    got through to an agent in less than 30 seconds
    the guy said theres no problem but it will take 30-45 minutes to activate
    told me to switch my phone off at 3.15 then turn it back on and send myself a picture msg.
    did as he said and sure enough it all works fine now.
    thanks for the help

Advertisement