Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency and Trades movements.

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Lot of talk Jerry Jones is broke hence trading down in the draft and cutting Ellis. Raiders sign good player shock. Bit past it but still a good player. They'll probably get rid of Burgess now though just to prove they're still dysfunctional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jdivision wrote: »
    Lot of talk Jerry Jones is broke hence trading down in the draft and cutting Ellis. Raiders sign good player shock. Bit past it but still a good player. They'll probably get rid of Burgess now though just to prove they're still dysfunctional

I hope they do, he's constantly injuried and hasn't been great the last two years. It's his last year in his contract so if we can get a 3rd or 4th for him I'd easily take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Sea Devils wrote: »
    :Brandon Marshall requests a trade. Smart move from his perspective because his contract expires after next year and he knows he's gonna be franchised, so he's already working to avoid it

Bowlen would be mental if he let Marshall go. Orton can do okay given that his weapons in Denver will be a step-up from Chicago, and he didn't do terribly in Chicago. If they trade Marshall, then what? As analysts keep noting, at some point you need players if you want to win. Picks are just currency. Unless a really, really good player-for-player shows up in this deal, I wouldn't go near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Marshall has posted to his blog that he is defintely saying goodbye to the Broncos and their fans even with McDaniels expecting him to be Training Camp next month.

I swear but I've never seen anybody destroy a team as fast as McDaniels. It must be a devious plan by Belichick to wipe out a team that can be dangerous to the Pats:D. Send one of your minions there and let him work... for the Pats.

Call me crazy, but if I'm Bowlen, McDaniels would have been fired two months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Marshall has posted to his blog that he is defintely saying goodbye to the Broncos and their fans even with McDaniels expecting him to be Training Camp next month.

I swear but I've never seen anybody destroy a team as fast as McDaniels. It must be a devious plan by Belichick to wipe out a team that can be dangerous to the Pats:D. Send one of your minions there and let him work... for the Pats.

Call me crazy, but if I'm Bowlen, McDaniels would have been fired two months ago

Was never a big fan of Josh myself being honest but if you ask me the Denver board were idiots to give the young whipper snapper so much power. And the Cutler episode didnt help either. Its funny after Denver failed to get Cassel had Cutler had just accepted it and moved past it alot of the bad press might have gone away. You cant blame McDaniels in some way for wanting to implement his own system after being told he could. It was always going to annoy alot of people. And Bowlen is half the problem also Sea Devils dude is clearly a muppett who failed to see his errors from day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

It seems like Bowlen was unprepared for how big a chasm there was gonna be going from a guy of Shanahan's stature to a first-time head coach.

But Marshall's not going anywhere, no matter who he says goodbye to. He's just another Ocho Cino/Boldin/wide receiver who wants out but won't get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was of the opinion at the time of the Cutler thing that McDaniels came across as a snake. Now this thing is going on, and again McDaniels is just saying that he is looking forward to seeing Marshall at Training camp. He would be better off to say nothing or say that he wants Marshall to stay.

I don't know if he is behind this one but clearly its going to have a big affect on his reputation. A bad season now and nobody will want to have anything to do with the guy. I firmly believe that he now has one season to prove himself as the fans will not be happy if Marshall does leave, and they'll be even less happy if he stays and is not at the same level as the past two seasons.

I was looking at a video about it on the NFL site and the guys made a couple of good points to be fair.
    On Marshalls side, he wants a new contract now as he has had two seasons with Jay Cutler and with Kyle Orton throwing to him this year his bargaining power might wain somewhat through no fault of his own.
    On the other side of the coin, the Bronco's have a player who has flirted with trouble and a guy who had surgery so they want to see him over the coming season to evaluate his worth in the future.

Its just that the timing of this is all wrong again(like the Cutler one), you would have expected this to have been sorted prior to the draft or just after and not when its time to sign up your draft picks and get set for the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Cards might deal for him, it's the only value they'd get for Boldin. With Marshall it's all about how you structure the contract, you'd insert clauses about repayment of part of signing bonus if suspended/jailed and do something similar with future guaranteed money if something along those lines happens.

Advertisement