Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency and Trades movements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Warner resigned with the Cards. 2 years 23million, 19 guaranteed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »
    LaMont Jordan rejoins McDaniels at the Broncos

McDaniels reminds me off a manager in English soccer who goes from one club to another and then tries to buy ex old players with experience. Did well as a Pat I just hope for his sake he doesnt turn out to be an epic fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Lions sign CB Phillip Buchanon

Broncos get QB Chris Simms and finally do get RB JJ Arrington

Ravens re-sign Ray Lewis and Matt Birk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Bengals sign WR Laveranues Coles

Saints re-sign Devery Henderson

Bills sign CB Drayton Florence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

T.O released by the cowboys is a bit surprising but not too surprising when you take everything into consideration.

No doubting he is a fantastic player and can still play at a high level even at 35, he is probably one of the best athletes to grace the NFL. Potential hall of fame....he doesn't have the best hands and the records of his teams is not that great but hell it's T.O baby

I can't see any of the contenders going for him, too much of a lunatic and disruption.
    Can't really think of a team that could get a good enough return out of signing him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if the raiders go for him i'll be sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Jesus, do I just speak for myself when i say HOLY ****ING ****!

The Cowboys are reading too much of their own press. That was/is a great football player, and just because it said "disruption" in every ESPN news story run last year doesn't mean they need to RELEASE him!

He just really wanted to win. He was no worse than a player on any team who says they want the ball, like was it Coles at the Jets who complained he wasn't the go to guy anymore? Definitely less bad than Chad Johnson anyway.

I'm puzzled. Would absolutely take him at the Rams to teach a few young guys how to practice if we cut Holt - but I suppose that would be a bit pointless, cutting one high cap veteran to sign another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

U gotta laugh at the Cowboys and Jerry Jones.

Jerry Jones "there will be no coaching staff changes this offseason"...a couple of weeks l8r both DC and ST coaches are gone.

Jerry Jones "I stand by Adam Jones 100%"...a couple of weeks l8r Pacman is released.

Jerry Jones "TO is going nowhere""...a couple of weeks l8r TO is released.

I dont understand his logic in saying something and doing the opposite a couple of weeks l8r. Especially if they released TO before free agency they may have been able to go after Ray Lewis.

The only thing that bothers me now is that the Cowboys could actually become a good team if they have learn from their mistakes :(

I'm still suprised the Pats havent gone after another vet. QB(or have they? I might of missed it.) I suppose there's still time but unless there's someone they especially like it seems a waste to draft one.

They are bringing in Patrick Ramsey for a look so its defly on their agenda to get a vet to help groom O'Connell.

They also are bringing Joey Galloway in for a look.

TBH as a Pats fan im not overly excited by our activity in free agency. Bill seems to like bring guys in who are closer to 50 than they are to 20. But i guess at the end of the day, "In Bill I trust" as Belichick is never going to make moves that will excite the fans, but he always he puts out a more than solid team on Sundays.

To get a vet to groom O'Connell?

What's Tom Brady? I'd say the last thing that's going to help a young quarterback is to be TWO people away from ever actually taking a snap in the NFL. They have a quarterbacks coach to tell him what to do, and a Hall of Famer to do it by example, they don't need a second vet. Not for that reason anyway.

RE: TO - no idea why people think they're going to become good because they released their top touchdown scorer of 2008. Here's a prediction. You can quote me on this. Cowboys to not win Superbowl again. :o

• Advertisement

With a full pre-season and mini-camp Roy williams will be a beast for the Cowboys next season, he'll also do it while being far less of an off-field distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

Has anyone heard about the LT situation in SD?? All I have heard is that the discussions are still ongoing...:confused:

And any truth behind the rumors of Cromartie leaving?

Clawfeld wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about the LT situation in SD?? All I have heard is that the discussions are still ongoing...:confused:

And any truth behind the rumors of Cromartie leaving?

GM A.J Smith and LT don't like each other too much and with the Franchising of Sproles they will probably sign LT to a short contract or trade him. Ongoing contract talks really.

Cromartie is apparently going to be put on the trading block to free up cap room if they re-sign florence. Who knows its all just speculation right now.

Re: Jerry Jones is slowly becoming the new AL Davis. Both should join a circus as they are both clowns.

Which one is Krusty and which one is Cecil?? :D

Im just surprised that the cowboys didn't at least trade for TO.:confused:

Which one is Krusty and which one is Cecil?? :D

Im just surprised that the cowboys didn't at least trade for TO.:confused:

lol

And who would trade for TO. I know a few people here earlier defended TO but its simple regardless of the want to win the guy is disruption on the sideline. The whole episode with Romo and witten proves it. TO is like a child who doesnt get his way. Tantrums and its my ball im going home type episodes. There is only so long before people will put up with that childish behaviour. Williams will be a better asset to the Cowgirls next season.

It will take a brave team to take TO now.

I heard on the ESPN site that Oakland, ironically enough, of all places might be a possibility for him....

It would suit as he would be a storm going into an even bigger storm and mess that is the Raiders!! :D

I heard on the ESPN site that Oakland, ironically enough, of all places might be a possibility for him....

It would suit as he would be a storm going into an even bigger storm and mess that is the Raiders!! :D

From one circus to another. TO should take a look at Randy Moss and say no to the Raiders :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Re: Jerry Jones is slowly becoming the new AL Davis.

+1. Very true.

The Dallas Cowboys. (Duh.)
    The New York Giants.
    The Washington Redskinsmag-glass_10x10.gif.
    The Baltimore Ravensmag-glass_10x10.gif.
    The San Francisco 49ers.
    The Minnesota Vikingsmag-glass_10x10.gif.
    The Atlanta Falconsmag-glass_10x10.gif.
    The Cleveland Brownsmag-glass_10x10.gif.
    The Philadelphia Eaglesmag-glass_10x10.gif.
    The Miami Dolphins.

The teams who have already said No to getting TO

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/the-anti-to-list/

The orginal Roy Williams of the Cowboys has been released also.

Id love to see the Patriots pick him up. Hes not great in coverage but if he do wat Rodney Harrison did for us i'd be well happy.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    The orginal Roy Williams of the Cowboys has been released also.

Id love to see the Patriots pick him up. Hes not great in coverage but if he do wat Rodney Harrison did for us i'd be well happy.

Lets not waste cap on him just yet we need coverage in our secondary. The amount of tumes we got burnt in the secondary last season was madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Roy (s) williams just ain't going to work unless you pay 8 in the box as routine. So football has evolved away for him. somewhere else in division obvious destination, can't see it coming

Potential TO destinations according to NFLN: Jaguars, Saints, Raiders.

Safety Roy Williams could be a Ram if James Butler doesn't sign, because we cut Chavous for being slow and retarded, and I doubt the draft will yield a safety who can start straight away when we need OT, WR and LB too.

I'd still be suprised if we sign TO. This is the first off-season in a long time where we have made the right moves all the time, we've restructured Javon walkers contract aswell so it looks like he is staying. If Al wants a WR it looks like Crabtree oculd fall to use with Seahawks going after TJ.

Do you think players tell Oakland in advance that they don't want to go there from the draft, like how Eli Manning said he didn't want to play for the Chargers and wouldn't sign or whatever? If I was Michael Crabtree... I mean you need some glimmer of hope that you'll have a Super Bowl shot in the next ten years.

Karlusss wrote: »
    Do you think players tell Oakland in advance that they don't want to go there from the draft, like how Eli Manning said he didn't want to play for the Chargers and wouldn't sign or whatever? If I was Michael Crabtree... I mean you need some glimmer of hope that you'll have a Super Bowl shot in the next ten years.

:rolleyes:

We've been to a superbowl already this decade, how many teams drafting in the top 10 can say that?

:rolleyes:

We've been to a superbowl already this decade, how many teams drafting in the top 10 can say that?

4 including the Raiders :D Packers and Rams and seahawks also.

Lets not waste cap on him just yet we need coverage in our secondary. The amount of tumes we got burnt in the secondary last season was madness.

I could defly seeing him take over the LB/SS role that Belichick is trying to implement on defense, he tried to bring in players who were too old (John Lynch) or too injury prone (Tank Williams), Roy Williams is neither.

4 including the Raiders :D Packers and Rams and seahawks also.

The packers?

• Advertisement

The packers?

Yeah the packers they have the 9th pick

1 Detriot Lions
    2 St. Louis Rams
    3 Kansas City Cheifs
    4 Seattle Seahawks
    5 Cleveland Browns
    6 Cincinnati Bengals
    7 Oakland Raiders