Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency and Trades movements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hazys wrote: »
    The teams who have already said No to getting TO

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/the-anti-to-list/
    You can add the Chargers to that list.....

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/mar/05/no-and-roy/?chargers

The orginal Roy Williams of the Cowboys has been released also.

Id love to see the Patriots pick him up. Hes not great in coverage but if he do wat Rodney Harrison did for us i'd be well happy.
    You'd be mad to take on Roy (bad angles) Williams. He is done. He could never cover, he was only a hitter and he can't even get close enough now to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

:rolleyes:

We've been to a superbowl already this decade, how many teams drafting in the top 10 can say that?

Decade's almost over man. I hope that punter can work miracles, for the money he's on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yeah the packers they have the 9th pick

I mean what year did they make the superbowl in the 2000's?

Karlusss wrote: »
    Decade's almost over man. I hope that punter can work miracles, for the money he's on...

We still did better then 6 other teams in the nfl last year, and thats with the worst o-line ever, and a coaching change 4 games in. We certainly arent the best franchise but no where near the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

How so? Seahawks have won the Nfc West the previous 5 seasons before Arizona won it last year. We were crippled by injuries last season,all our important starters were out at some stage including our starting quarterback. A fully fit Seattle should win that division no problem.

The Viking on the otherhand are in a division which includes a vastly improved Bears team and a Packers side with a lot to prove.
    How so?, cos IMO they have a better team?

Seattle 30th ranked defence last year and Minnesota 6th.Julius Jones AND maurice morris = 1272 while Adrian Peterson alone = 1760 (even without Taylor). Minnesota best D line in football, and a Savage O line, even without Matt Birk

Even with the rosiest tinted glasses on, you cant say seattle is a BETTER TEAM than minnesota?
    They face a far greater challenge to get into the playoffs every year than Seattle and anyone who closely follows the Nfl should know that.

Despite it being the Cardinals, the division still has the Conference champions in it?, and the NFC North is hardly spectacular, Packers could be hit and miss this year depending on how the 3-4 works out, Bears wont be major unless Matt Forte has a savage year and Kyle Orton finds his feet, and Detroit are Detroit. I definitely wouldnt tread the realms of hyperbole by saying "FAR" greater,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I mean what year did they make the superbowl in the 2000's?.

Well 1999 would be 10 years back but yeah i noticed after i said it that the Pack were 11 years back but I was too lazy to edit it again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kevin Jones re-signed with the Bears today, very happy. If he can get back to what he was like in his rookie season he and Forté in the backfield will do well together.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Even with the rosiest tinted glasses on, you cant say seattle is a BETTER TEAM than minnesota?

No-where did i declare that Seattle are better team than Minnesota. But due to their geographical location they do stand a better chance of getting to the playoffs each year! Thats just the way the system works.

Would there be much between a full strength Seahawks side and a full strength Vikings side do you reckon? I wouldn't read too much into our defence being ranked 30th last season considering how badly we were hit with injuries.

Still they have too much question marks, could possibly sneak into playoffs but Warner signing does lessen the chances of that.

Its a good franchise though, great stadium especially, be interesting to see what they do with the number 4 now they have TJ

the NFC west should have some serious trouble overall record-wise, they play the AFC south in the Interconference games.

Cardinals picked up Bryant McFadden the ex-Steelers corner. And they still haven't lost Boldin yet.

So as things stand, the Cardinals are going to roast the NFC West next year.

I'm relying on the 49ers being woeful for the Rams' record. I read a blog post a while ago about the fact that the Niners pursued Warner with clearly very little chance of success, despite the fact that Singletary has spent the last six months talking about being hard-nosed and run first - the implication being it's pointless to play Warner in a run-first offense when he's so ridiculously good in spread.

So I'm hoping Singletary is Steve Staunton-esque as he has the potential to become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I read a blog post a while ago about the fact that the Niners pursued Warner with clearly very little chance of success, despite the fact that Singletary has spent the last six months talking about being hard-nosed and run first - the implication being it's pointless to play Warner in a run-first offense when he's so ridiculously good in spread.
    Or knew they wouldn't get him so bid up the price to make the Cardinals less effective in free agency! (which does happen). Cards had a lot of room but they've lost so many players they have to be careful with the space. They have a lot of needs still (DE, LB, RB presuming James is released, new contract for Boldin, Guard and possibly a TE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

So I'm hoping Singletary is Steve Staunton-esque as he has the potential to become.

If you watched any of the Niners games once Nolan was fired you'll see that the team responded to Singletary much more then they did to Nolan.

And the Warner thing was just an attempt by the Niners to get the Cards to drive up the price indeed but Warner lowered his demands meaning he obviously never wanted to become a Niner. He also said he would sacrifice another 1 million if Boldins deal was reworked.

Lastly just looking at Raye's stats he's ranked in the top 10 of passing Offense a number of times. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope there's balance!. With Martz we couldnt sustain many drives in the third and fourth because we gave up on the run late in the game

9ers need another running back if they want that kind of run game for the whole season anyway. Frank Gore can't do it all by himself if they want him to be durable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Jaguars get OT Tra Thomas from the Eagles...

gives them a good set of options going into the draft...takes away the necessity to take an offensive lineman in the draft and gives them more scale to take someone else or trade down :D

9ers need another running back if they want that kind of run game for the whole season anyway. Frank Gore can't do it all by himself if they want him to be durable.

Will be interesting to see if we keep DeShaun Foster and Michael Robinson allright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Eagles traded WR Greg Lewis to Patriots for a 5th round 2009 draft pick

Igor Olshansky to the Cowboys

some pass rush they have goin on there!

LB Mike Peterson goes from Jags to Falcons

edit: wooooo 2000th post :D

Igor Olshansky to the Cowboys

some pass rush they have goin on there!
    Olshansky ain't gonna help in that dept. He is a run stuffer and not a very good one either.... Us Charger fans wish him the best but we can't help thinking he is a waste of strength.

*meant to say D-Line in general

I rated Castillo on the other side more highly, still a good pickup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eagles traded WR Greg Lewis to Patriots for a 5th round 2009 draft pick
    A bit dissapointed at this tbh. When we lost Gaffney I was sure that we had decided to pick up a WR with our first pick.
    Lewis is a decent receiver and hopefully he does the business for us but I think whoever gets Kenny Britt is going to have a huge star on their hands.

I know we need to concentrate on defenders but with all the cap room we have now we are surely looking to bring in one or two decent experienced guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats sign CB Leigh Bodden :)

I didnt think he'd be a Patriot after Springs has signed. At least we now have a chance at having a decent secondary.

Pity he only signed a 1 yr contract, cos he could play very well and be gone at the end of the season.

*meant to say D-Line in general

I rated Castillo on the other side more highly, still a good pickup
    Yep Castillo is better but that is not saying much. It's like he is made of glass. If he is not the most overpaid player in the league he is top 3. After LT re-structures he'll be next. He has 09 to get his act together or he is gone.

Pats sign CB Leigh Bodden :)

Wish we had gone after him rather then bringing in Karl Paymach or Eric Green for a visit tbh:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Olshansky ain't gonna help in that dept. He is a run stuffer and not a very good one either.... Us Charger fans wish him the best but we can't help thinking he is a waste of strength.

What Olshansky will be very good at is taking up G and T in the three man front freeing D Ware and other blitzers to take on just one blocker, typically the TE and RB. In that respect he'll offer more than run stuffing but it won't show up in the stats. In a three man front, you'll very rarely get d ends with big stats but they're the main reason olbs end up with big sack numbers

Orlando Pace released by the Rams. With that done, it's probably going to be Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe with the second pick, no matter how many people like Aaron Curry. Gimme back my mock draft pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

YES!!! LT is staying:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

delanec8 wrote: »
    YES!!! LT is staying:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Right on....... and we signed ex Cowboy Kevin Burnett who could come in and start alongside Coop.

There goes the possibility of Moreno or Wells becoming a Bolt.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Right on....... and we signed ex Cowboy Kevin Burnett who could come in and start alongside Coop.

There goes the possibility of Moreno or Wells becoming a Bolt.

hence my choice of James Laurinaitis as their pick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Patriots lose long time special teamer Larry Izzo to the Jets.
    I liked that guy!

Panthers cut CB Ken Lucas.

James Butler & Mike Karney sign with the Rams.

Advertisement