Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency and Trades movements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Torry Holt released.

End of an era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Seahawks trade Julian Peterson to the Lions. for Corey Redding

Thinks this works more in the Lions favour. Reeding is a good DT that can get to the QB but he can't stop the run at all and giving up Peterson an excellent OLB doesn't make much sense

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...erson-to-Lions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Cap charges. There will be a number of mock drafts in next few days saying Raji could go No 1 I'd say as it's an obvious hole. Lessens likelihood of Curry being drafted No1. Still think it'll be Monroe though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Joey Galloway has gone to Pats. Puts end to silly rumours off pats taking a WR as their first pick hell even any of their 2nd picks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Knowing the Pats, he's guaranteed a 1000 yard season,

man i hate Belichick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Joey Galloway has gone to Pats. Puts end to silly rumours off pats taking a WR as their first pick hell even any of their 2nd picks.:D
    Impressive stuff, I am really looking forward to seeing him play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

now its just wait and see to find out where Torry Holt ends up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It looks like Cutler is on the move in the never ending saga. He isnt going to turn up to voluntary mini-camp and he's asked to be traded.

Yeah I always thought Rivers was a twat when he shouted abuse at him but I'm changing my mind. Cutler asked to me traded first, then gets outraged that the considered trading him. Grow up you little infantile idiot. Romo for Cutler anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cutler is trying to get out of Denver and he's winging and lying about his conversations with McDaniels to force his issue.

If i was the Broncos i'd make him QB3 for the last 3 years of his contract no matter what he's earning or his value in a trade, and let him sulk away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Cutler could have been a good QB but he is a big child and you know they should tell him to fook off. Bench him and let him rott there. He has the chance to prove his ability in a system that suits QBs but he is being a big baby. So whta Denver tried to trade you Jay but that fell through so swallow your fooking pride and get on with it. What a dumb fook.

Looks like Lions are going to try to trade for him again. Can't give up overall No 1 for him but 20 and a fourth round pick would be a good trade for him.

Matt Jones has been released by the Jags...couldnt see too many teams going for him with his track record but there's always the Cowboys and Bengals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

jdivision wrote: »
    Looks like Lions are going to try to trade for him again. Can't give up overall No 1 for him but 20 and a fourth round pick would be a good trade for him.

If Iw as the Lions I'd absolutely give up first overall pick for Cutler. 3 year vet, threw for over 4,500 yards and 20 TDs last year with a poor team. If they had a defence, he'd be a star by now.

Whats the alternative? Stafford and his wild throws or Sanchez and his completely unproven talent? If they have plans to bolster their line(s) then fair anough but they desperately need a QB and I'd happily give up a pick for a relativelty proven and IMO top 10 QB

If I was any team bar Colts, Pats, Saints, Chargers, Falcons maybe 1/2 others I'd be beating a path to Denver for him

I don't see how you would get him without giving up that no.1 pick, I mean where are Denver going to pick up somebody worthwhile at this stage.

If anything this will give McDaniels a guaranteed second season if he gets rid of Cutler as the fans won't be expecting an immediate impact.

Denver are going to end up with a "system QB", a veteran who knows how to run the offense McDaniels wants to run, so he can build around him. He didn't get Cassell but he'll get someone.

Cutler could turn around the Lions, seriously. It's confidence. If they draft well and get him without losing the #1 overall, they could at least go 8-8 again. It's something to hang their hat on after the worst season ever.

Edit: in retrospect, who runs an New England offense? The only legitimate options who sat behind Brady since 2002 are Damon Huard, which was ages and ages ago and he's signed anyway, and Matt Cassell. Anyone who knows better than me know who could run the offense McDaniels is likely to run without much effort? Or is my theory just debunked?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't see how you would get him without giving up that no.1 pick, I mean where are Denver going to pick up somebody worthwhile at this stage.

If anything this will give McDaniels a guaranteed second season if he gets rid of Cutler as the fans won't be expecting an immediate impact.

Ah come on, no chance of McDaniels being fired after one year. Under that system what you're looking for is a QB who has can stay in the pocket and make accurate throws and is partly reliant on a great o line,=. Chris Simms has the potential to do that as does Leftwich if they were to pick him up. Now neither is admittedly at Cutler's level of talent. but they'd have good WR talent. As for what pick to give up, the Buccs are only other team at this point to express interest and they're No 19 pick with Detroit at 20. Also if he goes it'll be a fire sale so you always get less value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Not to distract you guys from your Cutler debacle but Jets sign ex-Raven Marques Douglas & former Seahawk Howard Green. Dunno who'll care but it's a FA move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yeah I always thought Rivers was a twat when he shouted abuse at him but I'm changing my mind. Cutler asked to me traded first, then gets outraged that the considered trading him. Grow up you little infantile idiot. Romo for Cutler anybody?

it seems he didnt asked to be traded. One of the big issues is Denver said they were contacted by the pats/bucs about the trade but Cutler think it was Denver who started the talks. He's still a child but I can see where he's coming from, a knew HC comes in and tries to trade him for potential one year wonder in Cassell? What a slap in the face. There's no way the lions should give up the no1 pick for him, Denver are stuck with a QB who doesnt want to play for them, why get bent over the table? Trade your 20th pick and 3rd, draft Jason Smith at the first, go defense in the 2nd. Imagine Cutler to Calvin?

He asked to be traded when Shanahan was fired and the QB coach left, way before McDaniels was even appointed and way before the trade discussions with the Pats/Chiefs or Lions came up. That's why it's so stupid of him, he wanted to be traded originally.

• Advertisement

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/03/report_patriots_3.html

Peppers to Patriots rumours are starting!!!

Wow I'm a bit suprised at this, I thought the Patriots would forget about Peppers and get the cheaper option in Taylor. I cant see Peppers settling for a resonable contract.

Jets sign ex-Raven

Didn't see that one coming a mile off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Hazys wrote: »
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/03/report_patriots_3.html

Peppers to Patriots rumours are starting!!!

Wow I'm a bit suprised at this, I thought the Patriots would forget about Peppers and get the cheaper option in Taylor. I cant see Peppers settling for a resonable contract.

Bull****. Not gonna happen.

imho

Ah come on, no chance of McDaniels being fired after one year. Under that system what you're looking for is a QB who has can stay in the pocket and make accurate throws and is partly reliant on a great o line,=. Chris Simms has the potential to do that as does Leftwich if they were to pick him up. Now neither is admittedly at Cutler's level of talent. but they'd have good WR talent. As for what pick to give up, the Buccs are only other team at this point to express interest and they're No 19 pick with Detroit at 20. Also if he goes it'll be a fire sale so you always get less value.
    The only problem Denver had on offense for most of last year was their running game.
    Cutler had 4500 yards last year, not many NFL quarterbacks ever come close to figures like that.
    Most fans remember last year as the year of offense without a defense so his primary job coming in was to sort out a defense.
    So if McDaniels fails miserably to improve that defense then he might not get much time.
    Now a huge storm has developed surrounding the biggest offensive weapon they have and a guy who many including myself reckoned could lead the Broncos close to another championship.
    In fairness Shanahan's shadow will loom over Invesco field for some time and McDaniels needs to improve on last seasons record and show improvement, but if Cutler leaves the fans have to give a new QB time to settle in so McDaniels season one is a time of adjustment and there is not as much pressure to improve upon last seasons record.

As for whats been going on I'm not going to jump on Cutler's back so quickly, you have a young head coach and a young QB going at it here. This would never have happened in New England, and to be fair as much as Cutler is acting the maggot you also have to look McDaniels way. He has been a snake here, not telling his QB that he was intending to trade him, he told him that he was going nowhere at first. If he had been up front with him on this issue then Cutler could kick up all he wanted but at least the head coach had made his position clear in advance. Thats the honest straightforward approach that you expect from a good head coach. I am starting to wonder about McDaniels already.
    I'm just not sure after this incident if he has the people skills for this job.

The Peppers thing has been news for a long time now. I think New England were interested initially before he had the franchise tag put on him. I would be surprised if it happens now to be honest. You won't know until its done though as thats the way the Patriots work.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The Peppers thing has been news for a long time now. I think New England were interested initially before he had the franchise tag put on him. I would be surprised if it happens now to be honest. You won't know until its done though as thats the way the Patriots work.

I think its only gathering steam now because 'sources' confirm the Pats and Panthers have been talking. Since when have 'sources' ever been wrong?

But i do feel that Peppers contract will be less of an issue than it first appeared to be, since next year will be an uncapped year. The Patriots are one of the the more weathlier franchises and next year Peppers salary would be non factor.

Bobby Engram, Terrance Copper sign with the Chiefs.
    LB Mony Biesel returns as well.
    Engram a nice pickup imo.

Ravens cut CB Samari Rolle and sign CB/KR Chris Carr.

Now there is an interesting free agent. Samari Rolle I'm talking about, always liked him.

The Saints sign former Packer & Viking Safety Darren Sharper.
    Tampa Bay sign former Bills LB Angelo Crowell.

Cardianls re-sign both DT/DE Bertrand Berry & LB Carlos Haggans.

Also, Kurt Warner's just undergone hip surgery which might have an effect on his mini-camp.

All reports from nfl.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Cutler leaving Denver is cert now. Just a matter of where.

Owner Pat Bowlen said Cutler will be traded. He won't answer their calls. How will this affect the draft? Assuming a trade is finalised before the draft there's a fair chance picks will be part of the deal.

Advertisement