Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency and Trades movements.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Lirange wrote: »
    Cutler leaving Denver is cert now. Just a matter of where.

Owner Pat Bowlen said Cutler will be traded. He won't answer their calls. How will this affect the draft? Assuming a trade is finalised before the draft there's a fair chance picks will be part of the deal.

Detroit to trade their 2nd pick for Cutler and take Curry/smith at number 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

TBH this shows how stupid the Lions are. For their first pick in second round and the third round from themselves they should have swapped No 20 and something else to get in top 10 for Jay. nobody wants the no 1 but cutler and monroe/smith sounds pretty damn good for first two rounds (and still could get the pass rusher at 20)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jdivision wrote: »
    TBH this shows how stupid the Lions are. For their first pick in second round and the third round from themselves they should have swapped No 20 and something else to get in top 10 for Jay. nobody wants the no 1 but cutler and monroe/smith sounds pretty damn good for first two rounds (and still could get the pass rusher at 20)

I'm pretty sure the Lions are going after him, but would Cutler want to play for them? I'd say he'd be happier trying to go to a franchise like Jets, vikings, Bucs, Browns or even the 49ers. While I know it's being reported on all the mjaor stations, this would be one of the greatest ever April fools jokes if comes out and signs a new contract by the end f the day. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm pretty sure the Lions are going after him, but would Cutler want to play for them? I'd say he'd be happier trying to go to a franchise like Jets, vikings, Bucs, Browns or even the 49ers. While I know it's being reported on all the mjaor stations, this would be one of the greatest ever April fools jokes if comes out and signs a new contract by the end f the day. :pac:
    It would actually be quite brilliant on the part of all involved if Cutler has decided to stay. The joke would help to confirm that there are no bad feelings left between Cutler and Josh McDaniels, not that I'd ever believe that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cutler is an Ahole. He knew exactly what he was doing, refusing to have a 1on1 with McDaniels. How did Cutler get so offended about the Broncos entertaining trade offers when he had ask for a trade a month before, and when his record as a starter is average at best. He hung McDaniels out to dry, made him the bad guy so he could get out of Denver. At least he could have been honest about it, at least Chad Ocho Cinco was.

McDaniels was spooked by people telling him that Cutler wasn’t that smart and about the amount of alcohol he drinks, that’s why he would have preferred Cassel.

I hope Cutler gets traded to an Arena Football League or Canadian team or worse still, the Lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hazys wrote: »
    Cutler is an Ahole. He knew exactly what he was doing, refusing to have a 1on1 with McDaniels. How did Cutler get so offended about the Broncos entertaining trade offers when he had ask for a trade a month before, and when his record as a starter is average at best. He hung McDaniels out to dry, made him the bad guy so he could get out of Denver. At least he could have been honest about it, at least Chad Ocho Cinco was.

McDaniels was spooked by people telling him that Cutler wasn’t that smart and about the amount of alcohol he drinks, that’s why he would have preferred Cassel.

I hope Cutler gets traded to an Arena Football League or Canadian team or worse still, the Lions.

durrrrr :confused:

Cutler is a much better QB than you seem to realise...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    durrrrr :confused:

Cutler is a much better QB than you seem to realise...

I didnt say he was a bad player, i said he was an ahole, who supposedly doesnt have the smarts to learn a new offense that quickly and that he drinks too much and thats why McDaniels would be better off with a QB he can mold and nuture like Cassel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

He's ProBowl though, and he wasn't the reason for his average winning percentage, they happen to have had no defence/1st choice running backs also

slightly harsh overall there Hazys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

If the 49ers don't make a strong push for Cutler... I will cut McCoughlan's sack off

He's ProBowl though, and he wasn't the reason for his average winning percentage, they happen to have had no defence/1st choice running backs also

I apologise for saying he should be traded to the Lions, i wouldnt wish that on anybody :)

• Advertisement

ProBowl has lost its true value anyways and to be honest means fook all. Popularity contest anyways. How many players have we seen make the probowl who dont deserve to be there and how many players could care less about it and pull out of it.

If they get rid of the fans vote section and just let the best of the best play in it. It would actually stand for something again.

Cutler is good but a moany whingy little pr*ck and both the Broncos and Cutler are at fault for whats going on now but honestly Cutler should just have been the better man and stop making himself look like a prat.

Cutler is good but a moany whingy little pr*ck and both the Broncos and Cutler are at fault for whats going on now but honestly Cutler should just have been the better man and stop making himself look like a prat.
    McDaniels is only in the place a short while, Cutler said he wanted to leave, McDaniels tells him he wants him and that he is the man. Cutler takes him at face value. Then a couple of weeks later he hears that McDaniels was trying to trade him.

I can't see how Cutler is the bad guy here. And Cutler has more to lose than McDaniels by staying too. If he can't fit into a new system his value drops a bit, and even if he does an ok job this year how does he know that he won't be traded next year?

As I said earlier, McDaniels did a great job with the Pats but you would have to wonder if he has the people skills to be a head coach. You don't want to be known as a snake by your players and he has that rep now.

eagle eye wrote: »
    McDaniels is only in the place a short while, Cutler said he wanted to leave, McDaniels tells him he wants him and that he is the man. Cutler takes him at face value. Then a couple of weeks later he hears that McDaniels was trying to trade him.

I can't see how Cutler is the bad guy here. And Cutler has more to lose than McDaniels by staying too. If he can't fit into a new system his value drops a bit, and even if he does an ok job this year how does he know that he won't be traded next year?

As I said earlier, McDaniels did a great job with the Pats but you would have to wonder if he has the people skills to be a head coach. You don't want to be known as a snake by your players and he has that rep now.

Thing is McDaniels is the coach and the fact the organisation have put faith in him its now his show regardless of what Cutler wants.

Dont forget eagle eye many Patriots fans whinged when Brady took over from Bledsoe remember that? Signs all over the stadium asking for Bill's head.

If what McDaniels does works do you think anybody will moan about him? No they wont simple as. If it doesnt well then he will be thrown in the thrash with every other retarded coach. But at the end of it players just have to go with the flow.

Cutler should just have been the better man and said ok lets put this sh*t behind us and let me prove to you Coach you were wrong. But no Cutler moaned and bitched nationally first and put his house up for sale and made a mountain out of molehill.

The sad thing for Cutler he is not going to get any favours out of this trade. AFC teams will be out of the question. Denver wont trade him to a team that could potentially play them. The smart move in my opinion for the Broncos would be the Browns and take Quinn in return as he knows the system as he played it under Weiss at ND.

Ah sure Cutler and McDaniels are both clowns but at the end of it the Broncos have put their faith into the coach so his rules his ways. Buy into them as a player and be the better man or leave Cutlers call.

And Cutler has more to lose than McDaniels by staying too. If he can't fit into a new system his value drops a bit, and even if he does an ok job this year how does he know that he won't be traded next year?

And you just answered the question as to why the Broncos wanted to trade him in the first place. So it kind of backs up what I say when Cutler became a bit*h about the whole thing. He either accepts he will never be able to fit into the system and not moan and nicely say ok let me prove myself elsewhere

or

say ok let me prove I can fit into the system and work on it.

Either way the fact he caused the big fuss does make him look stupid. Even though the Broncos have been idiots about it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 barbar69

I dont think the lions can afford to let Cutler slip away. They should offer their second and third pick or maybe their second pick a 2010 first round pick. That still leaves them with the 1st overall pick to use on a tackle. Cutler plus smith/monroe would improve them greatly.

The only problem with this is that denver doesn't get a QB in return so maybe the browns are a more likely trade partner. Or maybe the broncos will stick with Chris Sims!

barbar69 wrote: »
    I dont think the lions can afford to let Cutler slip away. They should offer their second and third pick or maybe their second pick a 2010 first round pick. That still leaves them with the 1st overall pick to use on a tackle. Cutler plus smith/monroe would improve them greatly.

The only problem with this is that denver doesn't get a QB in return so maybe the browns are a more likely trade partner. Or maybe the broncos will stick with Chris Sims!

I cant see the broncos taking that though as they still need a QB. I can see them trading a QB for QB. Stafford would be a good option but there will be better QBs next year for the Broncos so why waste a pick on one.

I cant see the broncos taking that though as they still need a QB. I can see them trading a QB for QB. Stafford would be a good option but there will be better QBs next year for the Broncos so why waste a pick on one.
    I think they would be looking for more than just Brady Quinn in that trade. I think its very likely though especially with Mangini saying nothing positive about Quinn or Anderson.

How about this then: A three way trade with lions and browns.

The lions get Cutler, the browns get picks (and still have derek anderson) and the broncos get Brady Quinn and a pick. Shaun rogers could be thrown in there as well to spice things up. I think he wants out of Cleveland and the broncos are desperate for a NT.

I think they would be looking for more than just Brady Quinn in that trade. I think its very likely though especially with Mangini saying nothing positive about Quinn or Anderson.

The Browns NT Rogers would most likely be in that mix according to Carucci.

How about this then: A three way trade with lions and browns.

The lions get Cutler, the browns get picks (and still have derek anderson) and the broncos get Brady Quinn and a pick. Shaun rogers could be thrown in there as well to spice things up. I think he wants out of Cleveland and the broncos are desperate for a NT.

Can't see mangini going for that. I think he is looking to bring experience at QB to replace either Brady or Anderson or both. He is not bought on both the QBs who already has.

• Advertisement

To be honest though I'd like to see Cutler go to good team or at least a team with a decent defence. I rate him very highly and if someone like the vikings or bucs got him then you'd have a pretty good team.

Its hard to overstate how bad the broncos D is and it made cutler look bad at times too. I've read he's 13-1 when the broncos gave up 21 pts or less and I'd imagine that ranks him near the top of the NFL for that particular stat.

Its hard to overstate how bad the broncos D is and it made cutler look bad at times too. I've read he's 13-1 when the broncos gave up 21 pts or less and I'd imagine that ranks him near the top of the NFL for that particular stat.

All of that means fook all being honest. There is no doubting he can throw a football by far one of the fastest throws in the NFL but his Receiver core make his job alot easier these days. He makes some very bad decisions at times and is not a great leader on the field and these are the qualities that will keep him away from being great. Its been said when the Broncos are losing he loses his head and cant remain calm hence the mouth he has on him. And this lack of staying calm can wreck a QB on the field.

Broncos apparently want 2 1st rounders and a QB in the trade is not a necesity.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/apr/02/021151/report-broncos-want-least-2-1st-round-picks-cutler/

McDaniels the bad guy? He made one or two mistakes sure.

But when Cutler refused to meet 1on1 with McDaniels, ignored all phonecalls and texts from team for a week, he knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it.

Hazys wrote: »
    Broncos apparently want 2 1st rounders and a QB in the trade is not a necesity.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/apr/02/021151/report-broncos-want-least-2-1st-round-picks-cutler/

McDaniels the bad guy? He made one or two mistakes sure.

But when Cutler refused to meet 1on1 with McDaniels, ignored all phonecalls and texts from team for a week, he knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it.

Now thats madness if true he is not worth 2 first round picks and no team will give them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

So far, the Redskins, Titans (yep), Bucs, Jets and Lions have contacted the Broncos about a possible trade for Cutler.

Detroit won't have it easy, though, as Denver has already rejected their #1 draft pick and the Lions do not think they'll be able to commit the amount of money a #1 pick makes with an extension to Cutler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Sea Devils wrote: »
    So far, the Redskins, Titans (yep), Bucs, Jets and Lions have contacted the Broncos about a possible trade for Cutler.

Detroit won't have it easy, though, as Denver has already rejected their #1 draft pick and the Lions do not think they'll be able to commit the amount of money a #1 pick makes with an extension to Cutler.

Will probably end up at the Redskins on a crazy contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Just saw on another thread in this forum that the Bears acquire Jay Cutler.

Just saw on another thread in this forum that the Bears acquire Jay Cutler.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f93745&template=with-video&confirm=true

yep nfl.com says the bears got cutler in exchange for Kyle Orton, 2009 1st and 3rd round picks and a 1st round pick in 2010. The bears get a fifth round pick also.

Apparently Cutler wanted to go to the bears(he was a bears fan as a kid) or the Titans(because he went to college at Vanderbilt).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great move for bears and Cutler IMO

Hope it works out for them

Advertisement