Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade Messes Things Up

• 27-02-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

After an upgrade I've found that I cannot log into MSN Messenger. I ran the troubleshoot and it just stops over 'Key Ports'. I uninstalled MSN and downlaoded it again yesterday and it worked fine. Now after my Laptop's latest 'upgrade' I'm back with this problem again.

Is this due to the upgrade messing with my settings? I've allowed MSN access on Zone Alarm etc

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

which upgrade ?
    windows or internet explorer ?

if all else fails you could use system restore to back to before the upgrade
    if all else fails that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

windows, I dont go near IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Do you mean an update or did you upgrade your version of Windows.

If it was an update, which update did you install.

Its the windows update that happens automatically when ya turn off your PC.

I did a system restore, although it told me it couldnt restore for some reason it's back working now, not sure how long it will last though

Problem is back.

Key Ports.. ugh. There wasn't even an update this time.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Try doing a manual windows update, change it to Microsoft Update, and install all the optional stuff too. I think Messenger may be a dotnet application so the full update might fix that.

It happened again, went to SR again to fix it. Surely there has to be a better way. It keeps stopping at Key Ports when torubleshooting

Advertisement