Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed!

• 27-02-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Im a qualified electrician but dont have a lot of work on at the moment. Id like to get into the audio/visual industry but not sure how to go about it. Would I need qualifications ? My main electrical exp is house bashing but want to get away from it!!. I also worked in the computer industry for 2 years so this might be relevant.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

RG31 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im a qualified electrician but dont have a lot of work on at the moment. Id like to get into the audio/visual industry but not sure how to go about it. Would I need qualifications ? My main electrical exp is house bashing but want to get away from it!!. I also worked in the computer industry for 2 years so this might be relevant.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sup mister. I went to London for a trade show to get an idea of what this was about. Plasa 08 Its on every year in Earlscourt and its the best show in europe of its kind. Its advertised again this year and you can register for tickets online. Theyre cheap and well worth a trip to see it. I met up with a finnish supplier of something called fogscreen and id check that out too. If you have funds to burn id buy one of these and rent it out. Rental for this product is about 1500 perday!. You dont need any qualifications for audiovisual. You could start maybe by putting in speakers in ceilings in houses and outdoor garden speakers. Maybe try and get a job with smarthomes or a company like it to get experience of how the systems work for a month or two and just leg it then with your knowledge!. Nightclub lighting is another field allthough you need a a load a money behind you to buy the lights. A good nightclub system would cost bout 100-200k.
    ANyway best of luck to you let me know how you get on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RG31

Hi cossworx thanks for the reply. Im not looking to get into this on my own . I'd be interested in working for a small av company. Would u say that most people in this industry were previously sparks ?
    cheers:D

Advertisement