Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keaphoto - My New Lense

• 27-02-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a new lense (Sigma 18-200mm) on Tuesday and it arrived today (Friday!!!) in what was an excellent turn around time.

<<snip>> am well impressed. I'm looking forward to getting out and actually taking a picture of something!

First photo:
    3313897315_9e1bc8fcc9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Good luck with your new lens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Doctor Tunes

I think you mean lens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

Nice!

Well done - post images up soon!

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Doctor Tunes

I used to have this lens on my old 300D and loved it. Nice range to have for a walkabout lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

So is it lense or lens, i never know!

I have this lens, its main weaknesses are no full time manual focusing and horrendous barrel distortion at 18mm (take a picture of a lamp post near the side of the shot and it'll look like a banana)

The AF is noisey and it tends to be a bit soft towards 200mm and really doesnt like low light. It doesnt purple fringe really which is something.

But as an all purpose zoom its not the worst as a starter lense. Just stay away from the extremes of the range.

Oh yeah my first one failed, AF completely went. Had to get a replacement from Sigma.

Its built very well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

It's Lens not Lense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

toe-may-toe
    toe-mah-toe

i read it as gel-lush-see. :pac:

enjoy the new lens dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

toe-may-toe
    toe-mah-toe

i read it as gel-lush-see. :pac:

enjoy the new lens dude.

Have you some mad speech impediment that we should know about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm learning english with monkey phonics :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

egg-salad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

It's Lens not Lense!

Yeah ok - sometimes when i'm tired the dyslexia gets the better of me. Its a challenge at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Definitions of 'lense'

1. (noun) lens, lense, lens system
    a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images

Synonyms: lense, lens, lens system, genus Lens, lens of the eye, crystalline lens, electron lens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Peace wrote: »
    Yeah ok - sometimes when i'm tired the dyslexia gets the better of me. Its a challenge at the best of times.

Enjoy the new Le- l- leen len, the new bit of kit. Many happy hours of shooting...... Images

I know a lady of the night with dyslexia, she recently by a warehouse:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

it's not lens or lense - it's a big long pointy thing that goes click click - but this one needs you to have the lights on, or the sun shining!

Sorry.

Paul:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

As far as I had followed such disputes lense is commonly understood as an americanism, so there is no need to use it on the continent and surrounding islands ;)
    In fairness, I envy that for most of you here is the English your second language so you can spot such differencies much easily.

Advertisement