Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newmarket- Parking???

Options
  • 27-02-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm starting work in Newmarket for about a month next month, and took a trip there last week. I noticed that the streets are paid parking for 3 hours and so is the super valu and council car park. I will be commuting from Cork daily, so won't be staying there. Where can I park for free, which is close to the town centre ie the High Street area??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Has the local church got a car park attached ?
    IMO that's the best place to find free parking in any town. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bluebell55

Nope-checked out the church and all its got is basically a small courtyard, so i couldnt park there! Cars for mass park along the edge of the road it seems, as it was on when i drove thru it last Wednesday!!

Looks like i will have to pray there is no parking warden!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Bluebell55 wrote: »
    Looks like i will have to pray there is no parking warden!;)

LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

The church has a huge car park brother , its on the left hand side as your facing it and there is a panel beater there too, only in Newmarket so good they named it once!:D. By the way you will honestly have no problem in this town de law are sound(asleep).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Robin_Blinds

dont park at the church!i used to pull up when i used to visit a slapper i was frequently riding back in the day. like you i was thinking it was super sound but i got pinged by the gardi and it burnt a hole in my pocket like!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

dont park at the church!i used to pull up when i used to visit a slapper i was frequently riding back in the day. like you i was thinking it was super sound but i got pinged by the gardi and it burnt a hole in my pocket like!:P

SOUNDS LIKE A DUKIE ADVENTURE ROB DO CONTINUE!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

It's not pay parking you just can't park in certain parts of the town for longer than 3 hours. You can park at the outskirts of the town just not on the main streets. On the way into the town you can park - best place is probably the road out to boherbue at the west end.

Advertisement