Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bomb scare town

Options
  • 27-02-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

just had mate ring asking could come over as there bomb scare in town at the cop shop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

que?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

yeah the cop shop has barriers all rnd it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe the Gardas was playing this http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

didnt see anything when i drove past a coupleof hours ago, had dinner in Mustard and there were a few relaxed looking Gardai in for food... ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carraig

extraice wrote: »
    just had mate ring asking could come over as there bomb scare in town at the cop shop
    That explains it.
    Just came up Nun's Island (c.8.20pm)and hazard tape in front of the Barracks and a checkpoint in front of the Galway Arms.

Lots of people standing around Dominick Street as well looking curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 CJX-3X12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

"...following the recovery of a fireman." Didn't realise one was missing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

GalKiefer wrote: »
    "...following the recovery of a fireman." Didn't realise one was missing! :D

Just about to say that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

ha ha ha they probably meant fire-arm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I was wondering what all that was about. The whole road was closed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Krieg wrote: »
    Just about to say that :P

Yes RTE.ie a Golden Spider winner!! I remember clicking on the headline that Bhutto was injured in an attack then the story said she had died. Just that bit too laxidazy I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

extraice wrote: »

posting free, not pay-by-word ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Hmm weird, saw the road closed off last night too. Also I saw 3 unmarked squad cars screaming aroud the place earlier in the day (around 5.30pm), maybe thats when they were bringing the guy to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Could have been, there was a D reg car driving on the wrong side of the road with those cars following across the bridge by Jury's when I was walking by at that time...

Advertisement