Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite BWO version.

Options
  • 27-02-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

We're a few months away from the bwo's yet, but seeing as their are so many versions tied I though it might be nice if we could share a couple of recipies.
    The one I tie ( 'cause its quick) is, pheasant tail body and tail with a gold rib and blue dun hackle. A white hackle will work also and some people prefer to clip the hackle underneath so it lies flat on the water. I usually tie them on a Kamasan B160 (sizes available)as I find the wide gape has excellent hooking ability, sizes 16 and smaller. How 'bout you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Ah..BWO... for three months of the year I pretty much fish nothing else. I've tried a lot of different versions and have had luck/failure in every version. Trout can get very picky on it or can take anything that look remotely like it depending on their mood!
    I tie the body in pheasant tail or burnt orange/reddish dubbing and tend not to rib. With CDC hackle and three long tails in pheasant tail or Microfibbets light grey

I have also seen Oliver Edwards do it in a all CDC pattern and also this guy here. Check out this website.
    This guy Lucian Vasies is Romanian I think but he is a brilliant flytyer.
    Also his nymph's are some of the best I've seen.
    http://www.flytying.ro/masa_muscarului/article.php?id=186

All my CDC tends to be grey in colour though. He suggests "smokey Brown" to match the BWO.

Advertisement