Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Clothes

• 27-02-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Where do people normally buy their maternity clothes? I'm only 25, don't want to be wearing awful looking maternity clothes for a few months. I know New Look do them but I'm not a major New Look fan normally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Mothercare (stuff is not that great but I suppose worth a look) - H&M - Topshop - dunnes - dorothy perkins all have maternity gear - and theres a "posh" maternity shop on dawson street which is supposed to good but expensive.

I found topshop and dorothy perkins the best or otherwise just try and get stuff normally but in a bigger size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Loads of high street shops have a small maternity section - next, topshop, dorothy perkins, larger bennetons. As do most Dunnes. lots of the matrnity boutique type shops have really nice gear, often pricey, but for some things its really worth paying an extra few quid (ie trousers that dont fall down every 5 minutes) - charity shops can also have good supplies.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Cool... thanks. No H&M in Cork unfortunately. I didn't realise that topshop had a maternity section. Must have a look in there. Don't need anything yet, so far I've been getting away with baggy jeans, but I probably will soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

asos.com have a maternity section, they deleiver in 3days and the stuff is lovely and not expensive at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Red Herring in Debenhams had gorgeous maternity stuff last year when a friend was pregnant, she got really nice jeans. New Look had cardigans that actually tied over her bump- Wilton has a section, not sure about Douglas or Blackpool.

• Advertisement

Will have to take a wander today and see what's around. I had a look at asos.com last night and they do really have some nice stuff. Might get one or two dresses from there. Not sure about the jeans though without trying them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Next have nice jeans/combats/worktrousers but nowhere seems to have any nice maternity tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭VeryBerry

The only maternity clothes I've bought are a couple of pairs of maternity work trousers in Next, and a couple of pairs of maternity jeans from Top Shop.

Other than that I've been managing with things I already have, or just buying non-maternity tops and dresses in a size or two bigger than usual. There's lots of nice floaty tops and things around at the moment that seem to cover the bump well! I'm hoping I'll manage for the last three months without having to buy much else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

red herring maternity wear in debenhams isnt bad also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happy09

My favourite maternity shop is Next! I bought jeans and office trousers and I'm very happy with that! Suggested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Hi OP, I'm 25 too and I know what you mean about a lot of the maternity clothes that are available. I went shopping yesterday but just bought regular tops with looser ends, I I got a really nice white on in H&M that should do the whole 9 months. I don't need trousers yet but there was drawstring linen pants in River Island that would sit well under a bump.

Hi OP, I'm 25 too and I know what you mean about a lot of the maternity clothes that are available. I went shopping yesterday but just bought regular tops with looser ends, I I got a really nice white on in H&M that should do the whole 9 months. I don't need trousers yet but there was drawstring linen pants in River Island that would sit well under a bump.

I am actually getting away with murder so far. I'm 22 weeks now and still not really showing so it's great. I know I've put on a few pounds but still pretty much in normal clothes besides my skinny jeans which have been thrown into the back of the cupboard :)

I bought a lovely dress in Oasis that'll do the 9 months too I'd say. The dresses out at the mo really suit cuz lots of them are loose around the stomach. I think I'll prob have to go shopping this weekend to get a few tops though. I'm bound to explode sometime soon.
    I hate the fact that there's no H&M in Cork!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got my clothes mostly in mothercare,got lovely over the bump jeans in m&s and a pair of smart trousers there too.
    I found a lot of maternity clothes really expensive and just not worth the money.
    Fashion is not something I am bothered by comfort is except for weddings etc where I do actually like to dress up.
    I had to go to three weddings while I was out of my normal clothes,which was a nightmare! Top shop had a lovely dress but not in my size,I was so disappointed!
    Dorothy Perkins had fashionable stuff.
    Asos have lovely dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fashionista!

got a great pair of jeans in Topshop, previously 2 pairs in Next which I thought were great but they keep falling down.

The Topshop ones are gorgeous - think they are the "Eva" style

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

I know it was already mentioned in this thread but New Look actually do have really nice stuff at the mo! I went on a much-needed clothing hunt this week & like yourself, I'm only young (23) so I wanted trendy clothes.

Dorothy Perkins had some ok stuff (Jeans etc.) but also had some granny-ish clothes (blouses/flowery dresses etc. lol)

Would defo reccommend New Look though! It was my favourite out of everywhere I went looking. And prices were very reasonable compared to Dorothy Perkins/M&S/Mothercare! Also, they have some bigger sizes so one of the tops I got wasn't actually maternity but looks really well (very stylish) - I just bought a size bigger in it! I was surprised at how nice their clothes were as I wasn't expecting them to be too great!

Advertisement