Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do ye use hook up sites and have yeese met many off it?

Options
  • 27-02-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just curious because I was talking with a friend and she said I was a slut because I have met about 15 guys off the net.Like I always use protection.This is not huge is it?Would like some opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Carlotta

Just curious because I was talking with a friend and she said I was a slut because I have met about 15 guys off the net.Like I always use protection.This is not huge is it?Would like some opinions.

She's jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BisexualLad

Carlotta wrote: »
    She's jealous
    Thank you!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

15 guys in a month, would be a lot. 15 in year, probably not so bad. As long as your safe, either way it doesn't matter. Dont worry about what your friend thinks, maybe she's repressed! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

That's not a figure I'd brag about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 tin_can_ted

I was on Gaydar but was annoyed by the amount of guys who are there just for sex so just stopped using it. That combined with the fact they are like 60.

I've never met anyone off the net, no. I'd meet someone in the future, sure, but I wouldn't just meet them and sleep with them on the same instance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

If Boards counts as a hook up site, then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maxi19

Seems slightly promiscious in my opinion but I suppose you're only young once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nxblues

Are you safe? Are you having a good time? If you answered yes to both questions then who cares what your mate thinks. Maybe she's just looking out for you. Then again, maybe she's missing out on some fun herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

I find the likes of gaydar almost dehumanising. Like advertising your bits and bobs online like some object to consume. It's like feckin' ebay for humans. Am I being a thad prudish?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

azezil wrote: »
    That's not a figure I'd brag about ;)

Out of curiosity should the figure be higher or lower in your opion.
    Donnaghm wrote: »
    I find the likes of gaydar almost dehumanising. Like advertising your bits and bobs online like some object to consume. It's like feckin' ebay for humans. Am I being a thad prudish?

:D Bits and bobs. A pound of fleash perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

@cotwold, to have met 15 guys from the net just for sex... I personally find that a bit high but that's because if I'd done so, I'd wonder why none of these 15 amounted to anything more than sex, or if sex was all I was after, why none of these guys turned into a repeat visitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

@cotwold, to have met 15 guys from the net just for sex... I personally find that a bit high but that's because if I'd done so, I'd wonder why none of these 15 amounted to anything more than sex, or if sex was all I was after, why none of these guys turned into a repeat visitor.

Umh good line of questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Ah, for a moment i thought you were suggesting he needed to start racking up that figure more. :eek: But they were just words of wisdom.

As for the op, my friends and i have a novel approach to measuring whether someones a slut. Its about quality not quantity, were the guys the type you'd be proud to show off to your friends? If not you should really think about what you wanted from them. I suspect the only reason you were offended by your friend was because she hit a nerve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Azezil makes a good point

Advertisement