Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Seat leaving hospital

• 27-02-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

Just wondering on hospital policy leaving hospital with new baby.... esp OLOL... do you have to bring car seat into hospital?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Yes it's something to do with insurance, u have to bring the child out in a car seat, u can't carry the child out in your arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

If you plan on bringing your child home in a car, you need to have a car seat. It's the law to have a carseat for an infant (unless in a taxi), and apparently the hospitals are allowed to check. Mind you, we just walked out after checking out, nobody saw us.

You do not need to have a carseat if you are going home some other way- such as walking home if you are close by or taking the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭deisemum

When I had both of mine, one in UK and one in Ireland a midwife carried them out to the car and put them in the car seat.

One thing I'd recommend doing is try fitting the rock-a-tot/carseat a couple of times before baby arrives so you know what you're doing when it comes to bringing your baby home. We found out the hard way :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

When I was leaving the hospital I told my boyfriend to bring the carseat. Little did we know there'd be no parking spaces beside the hospital! We had to carry new baby in the car seat on Parnell Street, into the Ilac Centre and up to the multi-story carpark... The Rotunda should really let fathers park in the hospital carpark if they're taking the baby home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

The Rotunda should really let fathers park in the hospital carpark if they're taking the baby home!!

+1

Same thing happened to us, baby's dad had to to park in the Ilac center and it was absolutely lashing out:rolleyes:.
    And as for car seat i was told we couldnt leave hospital if we didnt put her in one first, which i was told would happen, so i was prepared for :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My OH had to brig in the car seat with him the day we were leaving I could only imagine the looks he got on the bus and walking down O'Connells street with an empty car seat. But we were discharged from the Rotunda the same time that there was a parade by unite regarding job losses on saturday the 21st of feb. we were trying to get a taxi outside the Rotunda but couldn't because of the amount of people in the way, so we had to walk over to Jury's across the road and the amount of people that bashed into Aidans seat was unreal. I ended up crying thinking they would cause him real injury! I could only imagine if he wasnt in the seat!!!

Advertisement