Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama repealing 'conscience' rule in relation to abortions

Options
  • 27-02-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/28/us/politics/28web-abort.html?_r=1&hp

Well this is another example for the begrudgers of President Barack Obama actually doing what he outlined in the election, and another repeal of a policy of Bush's failed legacy. :)

Never mind whether you agree with abortion or not, surely no person can question this mans integrity?

Any thoughts?

The Cheese

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Definitly state workers have to do their jobs regardless of personal views or politices.

However, I can see scenarios where the same people celebrating this would demand similar protection for state workers who refuse to obey laws or orders they feel immoral or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Hey, hey all you experts. I may not have been all that daft in my comments regarding the Freedom Of Choice Act after all. Can you say Step 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

it intends to rescind the regulation, which was originally announced on Dec. 19, 2008, and took effect on the day President Obama took office.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Hey, hey all you experts. I may not have been all that daft in my comments regarding the Freedom Of Choice Act after all.
    No, you were. Especially after everyone else read it.

This, agree with it or not, is hardly unexpected - he said he was going to do it before he became president.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Standard policy for a dictator to do .Hitler did the same he introduced bump of the mentally challeged and phyically handicaped

Once you seen this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516376

everything for the future falls into place IMHO

Needless to say I dont ahere to political correctness and joining the brain washed Obamanoids

Derry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

derry wrote: »
    Standard policy for a dictator to do .Hitler did the same he introduced bump of the mentally challeged and phyically handicaped

Once you seen this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516376

everything for the future falls into place IMHO

Needless to say I dont ahere to political correctness and joining the brain washed Obamanoids

Derry

Thank you for that Derry. Your grammar is almost as startling as your intellect.

Advertisement