Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - 27 Feb 2009

Options
  • 28-02-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Didn't know Mayor John Gilligan was going to be a guest.

Did a great job, I thought.

Any thoughts/comments???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Missed it :cool:

what was he on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Missed it too, although i saw that Dr. Matlock bit!

That was surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

MonsieurD wrote: »
    Didn't know Mayor John Gilligan was going to be a guest.

Did a great job, I thought.

Any thoughts/comments???

I thought he did ok but felt he dismssed the need for the Regeneration Project now that we got an extra 100 gardai. Made a very interesting point about reducing the city rates while all other cities were raising theirs and at the same time reducing/eliminating their debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Really thought he did a great job...fair play to him. It must be hard to "work with" pat kenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chellemybelle

I think he did a great job! Seemed to know what he was talking about, & he wasnt afraid to say the truth! He's a realist, fair play. He never lets the people of limerick down.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    I thought he did ok but felt he dismssed the need for the Regeneration Project now that we got an extra 100 gardai. Made a very interesting point about reducing the city rates while all other cities were raising theirs and at the same time reducing/eliminating their debt.

Phog i dont think he was dismissing the regeneration process, he of all people know that its needed. I think he was trying to say before the regeneration could go ahead that we needed the gardai to deal with the crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

He tells it like it is. Not like some of the other self-interested gob****es on the city council.

He also reminds me of Colonel Sanders:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

Ya i thought he did a great job, he pulled no punches. It was good to hear Pat Kenny talk about Limerick in somewhat of a positive manner as well for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

When I heard Mr. Gilligan being announced I thought "oh no" but actually he was very impressive so well done to the Limerick Mayor - he spoke a lot of common sense - his first few points on the Dail and the Seanad - excellent - totally agree get rid of the Seanad but of course it won't happen.

Anyway well done Mr. G.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ya, I thought he articulated himself better as the interview progressed. He seemed a little on edge at first but he was certainly realistic about the issues facing Limerick and the country as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I thought he was very good did not realise it was him at first, Never seen him in picture but new of his rep from radio

He was very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did not see it but I can picture it.

So, how many times did he say task force? 15, 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Missed it, any comments on increasing the city limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Its repeated tomorrow night at 1am on RTE1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Is it available online?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

dK1NG wrote: »
    Is it available online?!
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Have to admit being impressed by him.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

While I don't agree with everything he said, there was a lot of sense in much of what he said.

A vast improvement on the Dell rant of January.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Missed it, any comments on increasing the city limits?

Yes he mentioned that limerick were the only council to reduce rates etc & that they cleared all millions of debts that were b/f from the early 90's. He was saying limerick was the only city that didnt get a boundary extension in over 16 years. He was also talking about the doughnut effect of the city & its effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Repeated tonight (late) on RTE1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Did he wear his pimp chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Yes he mentioned that limerick were the only council to reduce rates etc & that they cleared all millions of debts that were b/f from the early 90's. He was saying limerick was the only city that didnt get a boundary extension in over 16 years. He was also talking about the doughnut effect of the city & its effects.
    60 Actually - well almost. Michael Keyes was a Limerickman who just so happened to be Minister for Environment and Local Government and signed the order in 1951.

Advertisement