Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first skirmish

Options
  • 28-02-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Well hello. please dont hate me:(but I was wondering if its aqward at ur first skirmish. u know the whole grown men being like 7 year olds in a back garden. :D I think its savage dat its da closest to real combat u can get nd its really cool. What do u need 4 ur first time and where to get the merchandise on a tight budget. thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You don't really need anything besides clothes you don't mind getting dirty, and a complete change for after.
    You can rent guns at the site and most places will order food if you ask nicely.

Everyone is really friendly and only glad to see a new face. Ask to hold/try out guns/gear/girlfriends, whatever!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

nah man its not awkward, well not for long anyway, its no 13 yr old disco thats 4 sure! everyones generally pretty friendly, will help ya out &maybe give you tips about the site and generally love showing off their gear... especially anyone with a masada......:mad: lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

its no 13 yr old disco thats 4 sure!

thass cause theres is a fair few that WILL try to ride ya

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

ah yes, the bang kill... you will learn much about this simple rule!

:pac::pac::pac:

(note, i by no way insinuate anyone harasses anyone! dont wna scare off the new guy!lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

i went with one of my mates on my first time, it wasnt awkward at all, just talk to whoever u see, you make good friends...and you end up having a laugh :)

dont be afraid, trust me its not nearly as bad as seems :) (i was crapin myself b4 i went but was fine once you get in there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yeah everyones sound for the most part lad, don't worry bout it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

yeah as said above u dont really need anything. it would be a good idea to wear boots and something green or brown but past that you'll be grand. i just wouldnt advice wearing jeans or any bright colours!lol :p

Its never arkward everyone is really friendly and there to have a good time just like you so no need to worry about that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

Thanks lads 4 the info. BTW whats a "bang kill"...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

When you are within, say 6 feet (sites will set a distance) of an enemy player, instead of firing at them, point your gun at them and shout bang, if he accepts that he has been 'shot' well and good, otherwise a 1-2 round attention grabber will suffice, never aim above the shoulders, legs is best.

Sounds interestingly amusing LOL. whats the average skirmish site fps restriction for sniper rifles does ne1 know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

mayotobo wrote: »
    Sounds interestingly amusing LOL. whats the average skirmish site fps restriction for sniper rifles does ne1 know??

1 Joule, 328fps with .2g bb

Blay wrote: »
    1 Joule, 328fps with .2g bb
    i ordered a jg bar 10 i think dat its just that. do they chrono guns on site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

mayotobo wrote: »
    i ordered a jg bar 10 i think dat its just that. do they chrono guns on site

Yeah, most sites chrono guns before you start.

I didnt realize how bog airsoft is even here until i started looking around. even on the sports section of boards.ie. everything else is about 2-4 viewers and airsoft is always about 40-60 viewers

oh and how old do ya have to be to skirmish. im 17 by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

You will be grand so. I suppose one of the closest sites to you is G-Tac. Not far from Portumna. They have a thread here in the Retailers and Sites section. All of the sites do. Pick the one closest to you and enjoy.

i heard that theres a site coming in sligo. there trying to get insurance at the moment i heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Airsoft-fanatic

hey i'm going on my first skirmish on saturday at HRTA, although i have been involved in airsoft for more than a year now, just never got round to skirmishing, to busy getting my set together

Advertisement