Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo

• 28-02-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey all, Just felt like throwing this out here. I didnt mean for it to be so long Honestly :)

Step 1
    Tat or no Tat?
    I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now, more so recently. I had to really ask myself was tattooing my thing? Will I regret this? I have come to the conclusion that if it a tasteful tattoo of meaning if I ever do come to regret it il have made a mistake somewhere along the way. i.e Il have turned out to be narrow minded or maybe bitter or something (Or il just think, how full of **** was I when I was 23?)

Step 2
    Which Tattoo?
    I think im sold on a Yin Yang style tat, but i need to personalize it more. I chose this because it interest's me and not because im religious or anything. For me it can mean anything. From the beauty of nature, to how einstein describes relativity

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour"

It will remind me of the bad and good life has to offer, being a cynic this will suit just fine :)

Step 3
    Refining
    Ok yin yang here we come, I hav'nt really thought of border size yet. I probably should seeing depending on the style i chose there it will affect how/If whatever I intergrate into the Tat will be.

Im unsure at this stage, Iv messed around on photoshop adding a star to the center, looks good but its meaninless.

I think mayby adding some kind of Good vs Bad thing, just something. Mayby something that reminds me to look up when lifes being a c*nt, you know?

Rant Over
    Thanks For Reading :)

Should I leave the white area skin colour? I think I will just asking opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good to see youre putting plenty thought into this :) If you put plenty thought into the tattoo which you want you will most likely never regret it, as it will always hold the same meaning to you.

If you do a google image search on Yin Yang you should get loads more customisations of the concept. If you save off a bunch of the ones you find that you like best, they could help you with customizing your own one, or you could incorporate elements from the different ones you find to make one you love!

I personally wouldn't put a star in the middle, as it throws off the balance that is the essence of Yin Yang, unless the star is of particular signifigance to you symbolically.

Advertisement