Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Mansergh on Hearts & Minds last night...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

gambiaman wrote: »
    This is exactly what is wrong with our political system - this man is obviously NOT qualified in any manner whatsoever to be 'in charge' of anything relating to our countrys finances, yet there he is, as you say, being wheeled out to waffle and obfuscate with the added bonus of making himself look thick and ignorant and by extension, Ireland to be full of thickos.
    But that's okay, cos he is regarded as having done excellent work during the peace process - so, is this MoS gig his reward?

TBH, I find an acceptance of his position and acceptance of those who rewarded him with this position to be utterly offensive.

His lack of humility and clear inability to emphasise to any degree whatsoever with people ought to disqualify him from ever putting himself forward for public office. Imagine being unemployed and having to listen to his attitude on the video above, you'd pick up the TV and fire it out the sitting room window, his arrogant and highly condacending attitude, which he doesn't even try to hide, is the very last thing you would want to have to listen to if you have recently lost your job.

And anyone who becomes a serial apologist for this government, for example Martin Mansergh and Eoghan Harris just to name two, should be tormented out of this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

wow sierra wrote: »
    Martin Manserragh did excellent work behind the scenes in the Peace Process. He has had a long career in Politics.

Agreed
    I assume he was selected by Fianna Fail to go on that programme so he could fill in the time, come accross as bundling and basically get them out of answering difficult questions, or making any concrete commitments live on TV. As regards the woman, she is a polished speaker and was very well groomed - that doesn't make her right, or well informed.

This is a very weighty topic, we are talking about the economy going down the tubes at a very fast rate, and Manserragh comes on and endlessly prevaricates & evades answering the questions live on the BBC!
    I thought all the points made by the Irish Times columnist were very clear & intilligent, and to be honest, I found Manserragh very embarrassing to watch, it was a painful display by the Fianna Fail Minister > as 99% of posters here have already said.
    PS I find Camelots comment about De Rossa and Manseragh to be very offensive, and frankly childish.

I have deleted the Stutter comment* from Post28.

Fair point & sorry about that ( I apologise), but Manserragh has a very unfortunate manner in front of the cameras, and one would have thought that a more 'Media friendly' personality would have been preferable considering the weight of the issues > "That interview" will haunt Manserragh & Fianna Fail for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭VO

How dare you all slag off your betters. Martin Manseragh is the cream of the crop in Fianna Fail. He knows much more tahn the rabble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

VO wrote: »
    How dare you all slag off your betters. Martin Manseragh is the cream of the crop in Fianna Fail. He knows much more tahn the rabble.

He's the Fianna Fail's cream of the crop?? LOL!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

We're bollixed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Camelot wrote: »
    Agreed

This is a very weighty topic, we are talking about the economy going down the tubes at a very fast rate, and Manserragh comes on and endlessly prevaricates & evades answering the questions live on the BBC!
    I thought all the points made by the Irish Times columnist were very clear & intilligent, and to be honest, I found Manserragh very embarrassing to watch, it was a painful display by the Fianna Fail Minister > as 99% of posters here have already said.

I have deleted the Stutter comment* from Post28.

Fair point & sorry about that ( I apologise), but Manserragh has a very unfortunate manner in front of the cameras, and one would have thought that a more 'Media friendly' personality would have been preferable considering the weight of the issues > "That interview" will haunt Manserragh & Fianna Fail for a long time.

Are you for real!! Marty had been conducting those kind of interviews both on radio and TV for yonks,eons even.
    Have you never heard of him or heard a prog. where he was on before??

His modus operandi is to squeal like a pig being gathered into a tractor and trailer against his will,whenever someone interrupts him.

He has had more of those kind of interviews than I have had hot dinners,and he is still around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

His modus operandi is to squeal like a pig being gathered into a tractor and trailer against his will,whenever someone interrupts him.

He has had more of those kind of interviews than I have had hot dinners,and he is still around.

Dont let wow sierra hear you saying that!

Advertisement