Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe Lightroom 2 - Where to buy

• 28-02-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking to pick up some photo software and I was thinking of getting Lightroom 2.

Can anyone let me know where is the most reliable & hopefully cheapest place to pick this up?

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

adobe.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Could try ebay also..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I got mine from amazon.co.uk, which was the cheapest at the time. definitely cheaper than adobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

Arising from this thread I have just ordered an unused but unboxed full version from a UK seller on the Amazon UK site for €126 including postage! According to the seller it is the full product (not a student version) with registration key and the reason for the low price is that it is lacking the box.

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 whitetea

I got all my photographic software from guys in Cork - Barker Photographic. They have a great range of the photo equipment, ask them for a current prices.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies. - Diane Arbus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Carrigman wrote: »
    Arising from this thread I have just ordered an unused but unboxed full version from a UK seller on the Amazon UK site for €126 including postage! According to the seller it is the full product (not a student version) with registration key and the reason for the low price is that it is lacking the box.

Thanks guys!

Hi Carrigman

Can you report back how you get on with this. Im tempted myself but bit wary that its just someone using a key generator to knock off software

Solyad wrote: »
    Hi Carrigman

Can you report back how you get on with this. Im tempted myself but bit wary that its just someone using a key generator to knock off software

Will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

Rael wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to pick up some photo software and I was thinking of getting Lightroom 2.

Can anyone let me know where is the most reliable & hopefully cheapest place to pick this up?

Thanks,

Ken
    Slightly off topic, but what is the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop (apart from price)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 whitetea

Lightroom is a creates you a library of all the files. You can import the files from your camera, convert them into digital negatives, rename, organize with the keywords in the right folders, rate them, mark them, create a collections. You can crop them and develop. Basically you can to all the raw handling and a lot of organizing.

In photoshop you can develop Raw files as well, but its mostly about editing.. hm.. I'm sure you know what Photoshop is anyway.

The two programmes works one with each other, so if you have both you can easily ask Lightroom to copy your file and open it in Photoshop for example.

For more detailed descriptions check adobe.com

I hope that helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Well, Light Room is for developing of the RAW files. And developing all broad sense. If you don't require extreme manipulation with the picture, most of the processing could be done just in LR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

ThOnda wrote: »
    Well, Light Room is for developing of the RAW files. And developing all broad sense. If you don't require extreme manipulation with the picture, most of the processing could be done just in LR.

You can also do a certain amount of editing in Bridge if required

Originally Posted by Carrigman:

Thanks guys!
    Solyad wrote: »
    Hi Carrigman

I received the Lightroom 2.0 disc today. It is a genuine Adobe disc with the Product Key. It works perfectly.

What a bargain!

Regards,

John

Advertisement