Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garam Masala now Chilli Flake (Balbriggan)

Options
  • 28-02-2009 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

I see Garam Masala (George's Hill) has changed it's name to Chilli Flake? Has anyone been in yet?

Friend of mine went in with his missus for lunch today and said they shared a starter, had a mains each and had tea each and it was €14. Not sure what they had but he said it was very tasty and the perfect protion size for lunch.

Worth checking out maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do you know if it is just the name that's changed or is it under new management? The last couple of times I got take away from there it was fairly mediocre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Do you know if it is just the name that's changed or is it under new management? The last couple of times I got take away from there it was fairly mediocre.

Yeah I'm not sure. I'm not really into Indian food myself. Always find it too heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

I was there for lunch today and there is a note on their menu that it is under new management. Food was very good although not as good as Saffron, I don't think. But the lunch and early bird menus are very good value

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Saffron is top of the range for Indian, it's one of the nicest I'd had after Bombay-To-Go in Phibsboro.
    I hope they make a good go of it and don't go under, really nice service for a sit-down as well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Garam Masala used to be lovely but Chilli Flake is just awful. I went in about 2 weeks ago for a take away and the food was so bad I ended up throwing most of it out. It's just very oily and tasteless. Saffron is great though so I'll be going there for all future Indian fixes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement