Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wonder whats wrong with mysterio?

• 28-02-2009 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Could be something, could be nothing but:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article/report-rey-mysterio-missing-several-wwe-events-59317
    PWInsider.com is reporting that Rey Mysterio will be missing an upcoming set of WWE house shows in the Northeast. Mysterio was not at Raw this past Monday night, and he was also pulled from WWE's South American tour last week. At this time, it's being reported that Mysterio is NOT injured, nor has he been suspended, however is dealing with some sort of personal issue in his home city of San Diego.

The autograph signing that Mysterio has been advertised for which takes place tomorrow in Massapequa, New York, will now feature Chris Jericho. We will have more on this developing story as it becomes available.

It has to be something big for Rey to miss south america.

Anyone wanna give it any guesses what it could be?
    *Could be a prize if your right!! :D:D

*most likely not though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Could it be a Wellness policy violation? I know WWE claim to name and shame these days but with a guy so popular with the kids like Mysterio that would be a tough announcement for WWE to have to make public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spike_irl

Personnal Issue could be something to do with his wife having a baby. I rememeber readin something a while back of his wife expecting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Spike_irl wrote: »
    Personnal Issue could be something to do with his wife having a baby. I rememeber readin something a while back of his wife expecting

Surely PW would have said something if it was that simple.

Or there could have been a complication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm gonna go to hell for this, but this one is just too difficult to pass up.

I'm guessing he'll murder his wife on the first night
    Murder his kids on the second night...

... and wait for it, hang himself on the third night!
    What an original idea. Then he can blame the death of both Eddie and Benoit for driving him bonkers!

ShawnRaven wrote: »

What an original idea. Then he can blame the death of both Eddie and Benoit for driving him bonkers!
    Oh dear god.

• Advertisement

Oh dear god.

Heh, i know, i'm completely shameless at this stage in the game. Don't bother trying to save me from myself, many have tried and failed before you. :)

Move along now folks... nothing to see here. :D

I've heard about something like that before..
    Happened in the 90s didn't it? :p

First thing we need to do is look up his wiki page and if some kid from a completely different place in america posts anything then we know.

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

I reckon Rey's suspended and WWE aren't saying it. Seems a little odd that a personal issue would take him out for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

they should have put the mask and airbrushed tattoos on hornswoggle no one would know the difference :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Kane wasn't on Raw either this week......

Maybe Kane has taken Mysterio prisoner again. :)

• Advertisement

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

It was a joke, deal with it.
    I reckon Rey's suspended and WWE aren't saying it. Seems a little odd that a personal issue would take him out for so long.

Well Benoit was gone for a personal issue in 2007 and hasn't been seen since.
    Wonder if the two were related? ;)

No, it was a tasteless remark related to a dead wrestler.

I'm sure you thought it was hilarious when you wrote it, I disagree. Thats what forums are for.

:)

Anyway, anyone think its a bit odd that they chose Jericho as his replacement for the signing? Considering his recent mix up with the fans, and him being a huge heel, doesn't really seem like a great replacement for a super fan favourite like Rey.

No, it was a tasteless remark related to a dead wrestler.

I'm sure you thought it was hilarious when you wrote it, I disagree. Thats what forums are for.

:)

Thank you Captain Miserable.
    You remember that next time someone bitches about your beloved Kane then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Well Benoit was gone for a personal issue in 2007 and hasn't been seen since.
    Wonder if the two were related? ;)
    **** joke at that

edit to say it wasnt a four star joke

DRakE wrote: »
    **** joke at that

edit to say it wasnt a four star joke

Given your comments abut the proposed Royal Rumble meetup a couple of months back, you of all people would certainly know all about sh*t jokes.

Wouldn't you? ;)

Pretty sure you would, as it got you banned from here before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anyone who thinks it is funny to reference this to a murder/suicide is a total fool. I never felt so bad as I did that week and I wonder why somebody would think it was fine to get a few cheap laughs off this.

Then again this is the standard of posting at the moment. People on this forum think they are hilarious and that is why this forum is in the ****ter. I won't mention any names because I don't want to cause Orestes any bother.

I used to find this forum good for discussion but it is annoying when people try to be a comedian and they are so easy to see through.

*Rant over and I'm leaving this forum forever, Thank God :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone who thinks it is funny to reference this to a murder/suicide is a total fool. I never felt so bad as I did that week and I wonder why somebody would think it was fine to get a few cheap laughs off this.

Then again this is the standard of posting at the moment. People on this forum think they are hilarious and that is why this forum is in the ****ter. I won't mention any names because I don't want to cause Orestes any bother.

I used to find this forum good for discussion but it is annoying when people try to be a comedian and they are so easy to see through.

*The opinion of a hormonal 16 year old*

callaway92 wrote: »
    *The opinion of a hormonal 16 year old*

I couldn't agree more. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye on subjects here but you've got my endorsement right here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Given your comments abut the proposed Royal Rumble meetup a couple of months back, you of all people would certainly know all about sh*t jokes.

Wouldn't you? ;)

Pretty sure you would, as it got you banned from here before.
    if you took my meet up comment as a joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Get over it.

ShawnRaven I read Sickipedia so I wasn't annoyed about your joke because it was tasteless, more because it was ****. You just typed a sentence relating to something that happened over a year ago which happened to have one thing in common with a double-murder-suicide that happened. Admit that it was **** and I'll thank your post.

On a side note, what do ya call Jade Goody in a wedding dress?
    A shuttlecock!

Now that's both current and funny :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I thought it was pretty funny

*shrugs*

Turn off the My Chemical Romance cd and go for a walk or something

orestes wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty funny

*shrugs*

THANK YOU!
    I was starting to think that the majority of posters here got a humour bypass over the new year or something!!
    amacachi wrote:
    You just typed a sentence relating to something that happened over a year ago which happened to have one thing in common with a double-murder-suicide that happened. Admit that it was **** and I'll thank your post.

Erm, the significance was there, so it doesn't really matter how long ago the original incident took place. And if only one other person got the relevance, then that's good enough for me.

And if you think i look for thanks in my posts, think again, m'man. If i receive thanks from my posts, it's at the posters free will. I don't go fishing for them, nor will I ever. :)

Ah man I feel like a tool. This is the disadvantage of posting drunk.

I was wrong but now that I'm sober I'll still think the jokes could have been better constructed.

*I should also point out that suicide runs in my family so I would never laugh at them because I know how **** it feels.

Sorry, but I had my reasons.

I was wrong but now that I'm sober I'll still think the jokes could have been better constructed.

*I should also point out that suicide runs in my family so I would never laugh at them because I know how **** it feels.

It happens, just for the record, i've had a close friend top himself about 8 years back (doesn't feel that long). That said, he didn't murder his girlfriend beforehand. Benoit was a piece of sh*t for what he did (and how he tried to cover it up, which is the funny part of the joke).

Needless to say when a similar situation presents itself, ESPECIALLY in the wrestling world, the joke writes itself. Not asking anyone to agree with it, but it is perfectly understandable how the joke can be made.

I agree Benoit is a ****er but jokes about suicide would be more suitable to a piece of **** forum like Alvarez's

I agree Benoit is a ****er but jokes about suicide would be more suitable to a piece of **** forum like Alvarez's

I'd almost agree with you on the original Mexicant, but as the Heath Ledger once said...
    "why so serious?"

Of course, we know how that ended too! ;)
    (Jesus, i can't stop, can i?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Im sure you were drunk ya..a 16 year old at home drunk....riiiiiiggghhhhtt

Im sure you were drunk ya..a 16 year old at home drunk....riiiiiiggghhhhtt

Attack the post, not the poster.

• Advertisement

a 16 year old at home drunk....riiiiiiggghhhhtt

This is Ireland, that's not a rare thing anymore callaway. In fact, that'd probably be the entire population of Passage West Co Cork, Darndale Dublin 17 and Ballybeg Co. Waterford!

There's a reason Bavaria and Dutch Gold are still in business!

This is Ireland, that's not a rare thing anymore callaway. In fact, that'd probably be the entire population of Passage West Co Cork, Darndale Dublin 17 and Ballybeg Co. Waterford!

There's a reason Bavaria and Dutch Gold are still in business!
    The man knows his stuff Callway. Unlike you

The man knows his stuff Callway. Unlike you

I'm not going to repeat myself again.

I'm not going to repeat myself again.

Think it's time to go into wibbs mode, m'man. Out with the bold lettering!

Think it's time to go into wibbs mode, m'man. Out with the bold lettering!

Don't backseat mod!!!!!!

Why can't we all just get along? *sigh*

Don't backseat mod!!!!!!

Why can't we all just get along? *sigh*

I ran into that, didn't I? :)
    I think it's time to get this back on topic before it turns into a complete and total train wreck, because this so wasn't what I was hoping for with the joke.

Rey Mysterio: Injury? Wellness Violation? Double mu.... oops, sorry.

In all seriousness, i wouldn't rule out another wellness violation, this would be his second wouldn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I ran into that, didn't I? :)
    I think it's time to get this back on topic before it turns into a complete and total train wreck, because this so wasn't what I was hoping for with the joke.

Rey Mysterio: Wellness Violation? Double mu.... oops, sorry.

In all seriousness, i wouldn't rule out another wellness violation, this would be his second wouldn't it?

Or he just may have got some time off, recovering from niggling injuries or even it may have something to do with his missus and child? :)
    I hope he is ok, he has being awesome since he moved over to Raw.

I've made my feelings clear over Rey several times, but he's as good as done to me. He's not the same guy he was years ago and sticking him in the heavyweight picture isn't helping him especially for the nagging injuries.

Personally, i'm not gonna miss the guy. But thats just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Did he actually die?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I've made my feelings clear over Rey several times, but he's as good as done to me. He's not the same guy he was years ago and sticking him in the heavyweight picture isn't helping him especially for the nagging injuries.

Fair enough, I do want to point out though he was awesome at NWO, and he has had some great matches with the likes of Punk and Bourne in the last few months. Those are the type of guys is who he should be working with on a regular basis.

amacachi wrote: »
    Did he actually die?

Wishful thinking.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I do want to point out though he was awesome at NWO, and he has had some great matches with the likes of Punk and Bourne in the last few months. Those are the type of guys is who he should be working with on a regular basis.

I will agree with you about NWO, but he shouldn't be in a heavyweight title picture, but hell, i'm not gonna go around in circles with that one.

Also agreed about working with the likes of Punk and Bourne amongst others. Wouldn't mind see him going back to SD to do a program with Kendrick either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Meltzer said last night that it was a family issue. Might be more info tonight

I'd say that Mysterio to Smackdown in the draft is a given. He fit in better when he was there and he had a big impact on getting Hispanic viewers to watch. He hasn't had that effect on Raw for whatever reason

Holy crap, next time i start a thread i wonder will it get this controversial.

I never got to say this before because i was 100% internet free over the weekend but what shawn said was exactly what i was going to say in the thread opener.
    Dam, maybe i should've.:p
    I'd almost agree with you on the original Mexicant, but as the Heath Ledger once said...
    "why so serious?"

That wasn't heath ledger....

Fozzy wrote: »
    Meltzer said last night that it was a family issue. Might be more info tonight

I'd say that Mysterio to Smackdown in the draft is a given. He fit in better when he was there and he had a big impact on getting Hispanic viewers to watch. He hasn't had that effect on Raw for whatever reason

Could be the beginning of some sort of angle perhaps?

I know its a long shot and a little bit well planned but we all know the WWE could do it if they wanted to.

That wasn't heath ledger....

I'm not sure what dodgy version of The Dark Knight you saw, but it sure as hell wasn't Christian Bale saying it! :P

I'm not sure what dodgy version of The Dark Knight you saw, but it sure as hell wasn't Christian Bale saying it! :P

Get it right dude!

It was the Joker ;)

Get it right dude!

It was the Joker ;)

I suppose you're gonna tell me it was Jack Nicholson then? lol :P

But thanks for dragging it off topic when i had gotten it back on!

I suppose you're gonna tell me it was Jack Nicholson then? lol :P

We both know it wasn't :pac:

:o:(
    sowwwy.

Any updates on him?
    My guess is wife trouble. Dunno why but I'm sure if it was a death someone would have reported it.

Don't make me use the bold lettering again.....

But yes, you are correct, please stay on topic guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

i heard misterio wont be on raw tonite either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'd like to see him feud with Punk, Bourne and Morrison for the IC title - it needs some top class able contenders to make the title seem important again

His feuds with Kane and Knox were snoozefests

I hope its not serious and he is back soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement