Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of this diet?

• 28-02-2009 3:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Im trying to lose weight, i get to the gym most days a week and will either do 45 mins weights and maybe 20 minutes cardio, or the opposite way around.

Anways this is what i eat most days

Breakfast: fruit-apple/banana/orange/kiwi-probably two

Snack:fruit or nuts or carrot sticks

Lunch: Homemade Vegtable soup

Snack:Same as before

Dinner: Spinach with sweetcorn and either prawns/turkey/pineapple( sounds minging but i like it)

I need to eat more fish, so will eat fish for dinner with peas and corn on the cob too.

I also eat maybe two or three slices of turkey when i come in from the gym. Any way i can improve my diet to lose weight quicker?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

you need red meat , some people have a habit of thinking that meat=fat
    and it does if you get it from Burger king or Mickey D's

A little red meat every few days will go a long way, it'll give you protein , and help you in getting basic minerals i.e iron etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi
    Breakfast seems to me to be too small, add some porridge or some other high fibre option in there. Your body needs fuel first thing in the morning.
    Lunch again seems very light, unless the veg soup is very thick, add something again high fibre and healthy, maybe some ryvita with hummous or something
    There's very little calcium based foods here. I'm taking from your user name your female and this is very important.
    In WW terms depending on quantities you're eating 11 points a day, and excercising about 7-8 of them off. Your body needs fuel to burn fat, perhaps have a chat with your gym instructor.
    Seriously sometimes eating more helps you lose weight quicker. It'll also keep you healthy. Think seriously about calcium intake.

Advertisement