Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best day in UCD

Options
  • 28-02-2009 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Mine was in first year, second Monday of the second semester when we got the first semester results. I did brilliantly and after College I went out with all my mates. We came back to UCD and had a party on the campus. It was good times. I have had other good days but that sticks out.

What about everyone else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Last Monday when me and my mates were just practising our guitar and singing and we were approached and asked to play a few shows on Belfield FM cause they thought we were really good.....then again im only in 1st year so i havnt had too many amazing moments yet :D

good days in ucd are few and far between but that snow day a couple of weeks ago was a breathe of fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Last day of term 07 was incredible. Great weather, music blasting and thousands of people drinking on the pitches.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Snow Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hard to pick one really. I do recall a history lecture in first year where the lecturer was either drunk or doped up on something as he kept slurring his words. Loads of us couldn't believe it. Some people even left. I thought it was hilarious. The girl next to me who I was friends with was trying to get me to stop laughing. I remember at one point some old lady in the back shouting out, 'We can't hear you!' and the lecturer just looked up, made a scrunched-up face and then kept talking at exactly the same volume. It was brilliant. This was years back though so unfortunately I may be the only guy left in UCD who actually remembers this.

This year my best day was probably getting back my Viking essay and finding out I had gotten an A. It was one of those rare, satisfying moments where I felt I had actually done myself justice. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

good days in ucd are few and far between but that snow day a couple of weeks ago was a breathe of fresh air

What UCD do you go to? There are so many good days!

Personal favourite was the Christmas Ball (in november last year). Student bar stayed open til 2.30, everyone was in good spirits and then went back to Belgrove for a bit of pleidhcíocht....good times.:):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This year? There haven't been too many good days tbh. Probably the best was getting my 1st semester results and realising that I had a pretty decent 2.1. Yes, I know that makes me sound horribly boring.

In my entire time in UCD?
    There have been a few good ones. The days of the TKD club gradings have been great, putting so much effort in and then heading straight up to the sports bar. One of these nights involved Yumi's delivering to the sports bar :)
    My first day of second year was great too, it was a stinkingly hot day for September, and ended up getting very drunk sitting outside. There were people drinking plastic pints from the Forum all the way back to the sports centre. In a similar way, there were a few very hot days towards the end of first year, which resulted in much drinking of cans outside O'Reilly Hall, and a lot of people being idiots around the lake.
    One of the funnier moments was when I was in first year and a guy went psychotic in class, started screaming at our Intro to Mechanics lecturer, and had to be restrained by security.

Odd how most of the funny/good moments occurred a long time ago... UCD gets less and less fun as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

when i left...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Actually really enjoyed the last day of term last year. Between drinking in the woods between Merville and Glenomena, my apartment in Roebuck, out on the pitches while playing football, the sun shining, wandering Merville most of that night with randomers....went very well. Gonna do it again...tis a fun day/night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Definitely finishing and knowing I'd never have to go back there.

• Advertisement

Nappy wrote: »
    when i left...
    I am REALLY looking forward to the day I can finally get out of UCD. At this stage I'm so sick of it - only 1 week of lectures left though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

so unfortunately I may be the only guy left in UCD who actually remembers this.

I was there and it was quite funny.

I love fridays in UCD every week. Always have a laugh. This week it was watching my mate row an office chair around with a big grin on his face to the song "In the Navy" . I actully cried laughing. Last week I tied a first year to a chair and left her in the mens toilets to think about what she had done. Good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

playing dodgeball outside the forum bar on a sunny day back in my second year....chillin at the secret lake.....had some pretty awesome times with some very very good mates on campus, hard to pick just one!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grimes wrote: »
    I was there and it was quite funny.

Cool, I'm glad someone else remembers it. :cool:

Another great day that comes to mind was from the brief period I spent doing fencing. I had a few drinks afterwards with a guy I'd befriended who told me about a funny bit of graffiti he'd spotted in one of the toilets. Little did he know I'd written it and we laughed and shared stories of the great graffiti we'd found and produced ourselves. Ah the simple joys of wanton vandalism. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

playing dodgeball outside the forum bar on a sunny day back in my second year....chillin at the secret lake.....had some pretty awesome times with some very very good mates on campus, hard to pick just one! I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i just don't get how some people seem to have gone through their whole degree without a single positive memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

playing dodgeball outside the forum bar on a sunny day back in my second year....chillin at the secret lake.....had some pretty awesome times with some very very good mates on campus, hard to pick just one! I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i just don't get how some people seem to have gone through their whole degree without a single positive memory!

ive heard stories of this secret lake but ive yet to find it....dont suppose anyones willing to pass on the info.....i know it kinda takes away from the whole "secret" element but i really wanna see lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

kev_s88 wrote: »
    ive heard stories of this secret lake but ive yet to find it....dont suppose anyones willing to pass on the info.....i know it kinda takes away from the whole "secret" element but i really wanna see lol :D

No big secret really, just a nice quiet spot.

It's towards the top left of this picture:
    ucdlake.jpg
    Has a bit of an island thing going on in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Definitely the snow day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

Digitalism last night, they were amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My best day hasn't happened yet. It will be when I walk about of an exam hall for the last time.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Sean_K wrote: »
    No big secret really, just a nice quiet spot.

It's towards the top left of this picture:
    ucdlake.jpg
    Has a bit of an island thing going on in the middle.

im not sure if im blind or stupid but i cant see it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Last day of term 07 was incredible. Great weather, music blasting and thousands of people drinking on the pitches.:)

That was a close second for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

UCD Ball last year was great. Any on campus hijinks and partying is always brilliant.

To be honest any day in UCD where the sun is beating down is great. Belfield is a wondrous place in the sun, in the shade its horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I am REALLY looking forward to the day I can finally get out of UCD. At this stage I'm so sick of it - only 1 week of lectures left though!
    Why?

Why?

I've been in UCD since 2002. It's at the stage where I'm really sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

The last proper Craic Soc gathering at the Secret Lake in 23rd April 2005. That day was the dog's bollocks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

im not sure if im blind or stupid but i cant see it

Go straight across about an inch to the left from the N11 label.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labreya

The day I dropped out, surprisingly enough.

College just isn't for me. I still use the facilities (For gods sakes, put a password on yer internet UCD!!) and hang with my friends there while looking for a job though.

I'd had enough of being "educated" in that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Antagonist

The last day of '07, everybody who was there understands.

A close second was the snow day though, probably not for the same reasons as everybody else though, mine is that one of the most satisfying things I have ever done as when the guards showed up by the student centre and the mob started to run away I stuck out my leg and tripped two of those arses up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Getting drunk Valentines Day '07 with a friend. Then went wandering around campus. We ate noodles in Roebuck, threw them all over the place. Helped a drunk lad home aswel!!:D

A close second is the Snow Day...had a huge snowball fight with the neighbours. Good times!:D:pac:

Advertisement