Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best day in UCD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Mine was in first year, second Monday of the second semester when we got the first semester results. I did brilliantly and after College I went out with all my mates. We came back to UCD and had a party on the campus. It was good times. I have had other good days but that sticks out.

What about everyone else??

That's easy. The day I left it. No contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Funny to look back on now: day after my Debs... coming into college utterly in pieces. Still wearing the tux (my own black tux, but had removed shirt and bow tie and replaced with Chelsea jersey... classy). So incredibly hungover. Friends coming up to talk to me, I'd just recoil and screech ''Don't talk to me!''. I had showered and shaved and put on aftershave that morning, but people still claimed to have been able to smell drink... what the ****... Good times alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I've been in UCD since 2002. It's at the stage where I'm really sick of it.

Jesus 8 years wtf??...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

Last day of term 07 was incredible. Great weather, music blasting and thousands of people drinking on the pitches.:)
    nearly forgot aboput that day, was unreal.
    any last day of term or first day of term are always great. me and my mates usually start drinking around 10 then head to student bar and lunch time, rarely make it out that night tho. this friday counts as a last day of term in my opnion so more of the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Jesus 8 years wtf??...

7 years, and I've taken a year out in that time too to work full-time. Long story. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

1. Groovy Tuesday, Students bar 1995 (Rag week)
    2. Battle of the DJ's final, Students bar 1996
    3. Billy Nasty, Rag Ball, Student's bar 1996

Oh the memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I couldn't pick a day. I like the summer days where you go in, go to a couple of lectures, play football, then hit the pub. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

gotta go with last day of term '07. class!
    stoopid UCD ball

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

So far mine has been when I was in Macroeconomics and Rodney Thom's mobile went off and the way he reacted turned a dead lecture into a lively one.

That same day,my seminar for German Political Culture felt strange.I looked down at my feet in horror.You know that feeling when you notice you're wearing odd socks? Replace odd socks with odd shoes and have yourself a wacky day.And the best part was the two pairs of black runners I have are so similar except the brand,no one even seemed to notice:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

7 years, and I've taken a year out in that time too to work full-time. Long story. :pac:

I think you told me in another thread... you did a course and dropped out etc. etc.
    gebbel wrote: »
    1. Groovy Tuesday, Students bar 1995 (Rag week)
    2. Battle of the DJ's final, Students bar 1996
    3. Billy Nasty, Rag Ball, Student's bar 1996

Oh the memories!

Man your old!!!:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Charging down the concourse with 50 posters and my trousers falling down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Man your old!!!:p:D

UCD had much more soul and character when I was a student there from 1994-2000. I believe most of that has all but dissipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

gebbel wrote: »
    UCD had much more soul and character when I was a student there from 1994-2000. I believe most of that has all but dissipated.

Not at all. You just have to find it. Too many people expect the good times to come to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Last day of term 2007. Great weather, people drinking on the pitches listening to music. Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Hard to pick one really. I do recall a history lecture in first year where the lecturer was either drunk or doped up on something as he kept slurring his words.

If that was the medieval anti-Christ lecture I was there.
    I remember the lecturer struggling for ages to get the lid off a bottle of coke. When he finally opened it he looked at the bottle in confusion and then closed it again.

Last day of 07 was wonderful, the classic Beatles, the arm wrestling, the weather...

My best days were probably in first year though when it was all still new and exciting and the Philosophy Society seemed to be able to provide limitless supplies of free beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

The last two days in UCD were excellent.
    Tip Rugby on the green between the science and vet science buildings, was epic.

Sunshine was priceless, Loop the Loops at Centra were nostalgic and the sheer buzz of so many people not in lectures, was unbelievable.

The day only fell short in our inability to find this apparently, mythical Ice cream van!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

March 5th 2008. Handing in my blasted thesis and seeing the look of shock on a lecturers face when I told him I didn't look so shockingly bad from pulling an all nighter, but rather from a rather serious hangover caused by the student bar the night before.

Boards Beers Sept 2007 - a great night and the night that caused me to get involved in the Union

A really random night in Merville Last year with a crate of beer, a bottle of Jameson and Some west coast cooler and some class company. Infamous texts were sent and the look of utter disgust when my housemate returned to find 3 drunk beings at 2am made the whole thing utterly priceless.

Rad Soc comedy debate 2008. Blooming hilarious even if I do say so myself.

Oh and scaring a load of first years during Freshers week 08 by charging down concourse whilst being chased by a few people and eventually ending up selltaped from head to toe. Some looks lad....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

dyl10 wrote: »
    The last two days in UCD were excellent.
    Tip Rugby on the green between the science and vet science buildings, was epic.

Sunshine was priceless, Loop the Loops at Centra were nostalgic and the sheer buzz of so many people not in lectures, was unbelievable.

The day only fell short in our inability to find this apparently, mythical Ice cream van!

has anyone else been hearin it every day this week at around half one?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

March 5th 2008. Handing in my blasted thesis and seeing the look of shock on a lecturers face when I told him I didn't look so shockingly bad from pulling an all nighter, but rather from a rather serious hangover caused by the student bar the night before.

Boards Beers Sept 2007 - a great night and the night that caused me to get involved in the Union

A really random night in Merville Last year with a crate of beer, a bottle of Jameson and Some west coast cooler and some class company. Infamous texts were sent and the look of utter disgust when my housemate returned to find 3 drunk beings at 2am made the whole thing utterly priceless.

Rad Soc comedy debate 2008. Blooming hilarious even if I do say so myself.

Oh and scaring a load of first years during Freshers week 08 by charging down concourse whilst being chased by a few people and eventually ending up selltaped from head to toe. Some looks lad....

Im disgusted, I thought the night you met me was OUR best night in UCD :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Het-Field wrote: »
    Im disgusted, I thought the night you met me was OUR best night in UCD :):):)

Ah Squire, I didn't meet you in the evening - it was in the vet building!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Ah Squire, I didn't meet you in the evening - it was in the vet building!

You Remember !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

These sunny days chilling around UCD are animal... Just seeing loads of people messing about in the sunnyshine has to bring a smile to your face:D:D:D

Advertisement