Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

semi automatic shotgun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

ok sure i'll take that in to account when im looking around, sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

I can only speak for Beretta and Benelli and they are very easy to clean. In fact Id say the Benelli is the easiest to clean as the action just slides out and can be rubbed gleaming with an oily cloth

As I own a Benelli I defintely agree - the Benelli does not use a gas operated system like most of the other manufacturers - it uses an inertia rotating system.....as already stated, very easy to remove and clean.

The Benelli also has a slim foreend, due to inertia system and no gas, and feels & handles like an o/u, which many like.

My shooting partner uses a Beretta s/a and it's equally reliable....works flawlessly if given a complete clean every 1,000 shots, which takes about 30 minutes once / twice a year, depending on usage.

Would recommend either as a quality, hassle free semi - auto......only Benelli available in left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

<p><p>
    J.R. wrote: »
    As I own a Benelli I defintely agree - the Benelli does not use a gas operated system like most of the other manufacturers - it uses an inertia rotating system.....as already stated, very easy to remove and clean. </p></p>
    <p><p>&nbsp;</p></p>
    <p><p>The Benelli also has a slim foreend, due to inertia system and no gas, and feels &amp; handles like an o/u, which many like. </p></p>
    <p><p>&nbsp;</p></p>
    <p><p>My shooting partner uses a Beretta s/a and it's equally reliable....works flawlessly if given a complete clean every 1,000 shots, which takes about 30 minutes once / twice a year, depending on usage.</p></p>
    <p><p>&nbsp;</p></p>
    <p><p>Would recommend either as a quality, hassle free semi - auto......only Benelli available in left hand.
    </p></p>
    <p><p>&nbsp;</p></p>
    <p><p>Is there any part that can be removed from a semi thats renders it unuseable.I was thinking of buying a 28 gauge Webley.</p>

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

yeah thats a good question, also what is the most important to check when buyin a s/a shotgun, barrell, receiver, exterior, trigger mechanism, am i forgetting anything? (sorry im new :pac:)

ak51535 wrote: »
    yeah thats a good question, also what is the most important to check when buyin a s/a shotgun, barrell, receiver, exterior, trigger mechanism, am i forgetting anything? (sorry im new :pac:)

Dont know.Never owned one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

The trigger mech is easy and quick to remove from my AL391. After use, i dismantle and clean it and then store the trigger unit elsewhere.

J.R. wrote: »
    As I own a Benelli I defintely agree - the Benelli does not use a gas operated system like most of the other manufacturers - it uses an inertia rotating system.....as already stated, very easy to remove and clean.

The Benelli also has a slim foreend, due to inertia system and no gas, and feels & handles like an o/u, which many like.

My shooting partner uses a Beretta s/a and it's equally reliable....works flawlessly if given a complete clean every 1,000 shots, which takes about 30 minutes once / twice a year, depending on usage.

Would recommend either as a quality, hassle free semi - auto......only Benelli available in left hand.

Is there any part that can be removed so as to render it unuseable.

Is there any part that can be removed so as to render it unuseable.

The Benelli is quite easy to take apart ...I'm assuming you are talking about safety in case gun is stolen......hiding a part in a seperate location???

The bolt can be removed in about 5 minutes making the gun unusable.

The manual is available on this page to download if you want to browse through it......it explains everything about using the gun & taking it apart. It looks long and drawn out in the pictures as each step is explained in detail but is quite quick once you've done it once or twice.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_montefeltro.php

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

By and large,the more modern semis and pumps have modular trigger mechanisms[IE the trigger mechanism is all in one group] that are held in with one or two push pins.Removal of the trigger mechanism,renders the gun totally useless.So that is a great saftey feature in itself.

BTW if you want another left hander gun ...Remington make both the pump and semi auto in left hand config

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

You can as stated drop out the trigger mechanism
    You can pull out the bolt
    You can Hide the barrell, That would definetly make it useless

• Advertisement

Thanks to all

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

BTW if you want another left hander gun ...Remington make both the pump and semi auto in left hand config

Had a left handed Remington Wingmaster 870 pump action for 27 years, used constantly. Must have fired 1,000 & 1,000 of shots....never jammed once.....was a brilliant, reliable gun.

Reason I changed it was it had a fixed full choke and I wanted a variety of chokes to suit different types of shooting.

Advertisement