Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my remix made it into a top 100 chart :)

• 28-02-2009 4:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

so my remix of silencefictions lipstique is currently 83 in the top 100 tech/electro chart on audiojelly.
    its not beatport but its my first charting on a download site so im chuffed to bits:D

http://www.audiojelly.com/?a=genres/techhouse/top100

also found a few torrent links to my remix too which also made me happy for some strange reason.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

Well done, fair play. Good to see someone having a go and succeeding. Nice sound aswell and i'm not into that kind of music at all.
    Best of luck

Mulan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

thats great news man, well done, just pondering cause im doing my first release soon, do u know a rough figure of how many sales you got to get to that position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

SteveDon wrote: »
    thats great news man, well done, just pondering cause im doing my first release soon, do u know a rough figure of how many sales you got to get to that position?
    wouldnt have a clue.its not alot i imagine.the best one to be one would be beatport but **** it audiojelly will do me for now :D.
    when you get paid(usually every 6 months they do a breakdown of what your track sold but until then i dont think theres a way to find out

seannash wrote: »
    wouldnt have a clue.its not alot i imagine.the best one to be one would be beatport but **** it audiojelly will do me for now :D.
    when you get paid(usually every 6 months they do a breakdown of what your track sold but until then i dont think theres a way to find out

if i may ask another cheeky question? how much money if any do you expect to make of releases? I know that producing dance music doesnt exactly break the bank these days but is there any money involved at all? Im not money hungry by any means just curious?:P

if i may ask another cheeky question? how much money if any do you expect to make of releases? I know that producing dance music doesnt exactly break the bank these days but is there any money involved at all? Im not money hungry by any means just curious?:P
    its all relative to sales really.most splits are 50/50.50 to the label 50 to the producer.obviously if you sell loads youll make more.the better label your o the more chance of you selling more.
    my first release was on a crap label so it didnt get much exposure.couple that with the songs being absolutely ****e and i made a grand total of 40 dolars ha ha ha:D:D

i only sold a few hundred copies and my split was only 25% but yeah hardly quitting my day job with that payday.
    i have since refused to sign tracks to labels unless i feel they can promote my stuff better.but i also havent sent out a track to a label really bar one or two irish ones.
    this has meant feck all original work coming out but im doing alot of remixes.

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    its all relative to sales really.most splits are 50/50.50 to the label 50 to the producer.obviously if you sell loads youll make more.the better label your o the more chance of you selling more.
    my first release was on a crap label so it didnt get much exposure.couple that with the songs being absolutely ****e and i made a grand total of 40 dolars ha ha ha:D:D

i only sold a few hundred copies and my split was only 25% but yeah hardly quitting my day job with that payday.
    i have since refused to sign tracks to labels unless i feel they can promote my stuff better.but i also havent sent out a track to a label really bar one or two irish ones.
    this has meant feck all original work coming out but im doing alot of remixes.

Cheers sean, very enlightening, have to put the access virus on the hold then for another while..:mad:

Cheers sean, very enlightening, have to put the access virus on the hold then for another while..:mad:
    well maybe not,my first release was really awful but yours might do well.i know jtsuiteds first release had a good few users also bught after it which is a good indication it sold well.plus it was on a good label and got played by some pretty big djs.
    like i said theres alot of factors involved.the hardest part is people actuslly listening to your tracks on the download sites.aot of people dont go digging at all and only go by dj charts or top 100 charts unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Congratulations man, it's a nice tune.

Advertisement