Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN Connection Problem

Options
  • 28-02-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I am in a hotel at the moment with wifi but the connection strenght is poor. I got a cable from them to use instead on a fixed line. The minute I plug this in it shows as connected at 100Mps on the icon on the bottom right of my screen. I then disconnect the wifi connection. Problem is I can't get the pc to used the wired connection. It says in my control panel that it is connected but neither the internet or any programs like itunes etc will connect. Do I have to do something else to get it use the fixed line connection (The programs I am trying to use are all exceptions to the firewall so that shouldnt be the problem)

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 todlambe

Go into Control Panel and select network connections. Is your LAN adapter set to a static IP address? If so you need to change it to "Obtain an IP address automatically". Also make sure your wireless adapter is off. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers for that - unfortunately that didnt work. I asked the guy from the hotel to have a look at he said it looks fine but just cant get it working...anyway I'll make do with the wifi

Advertisement