Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test in Dundalk

Options
  • 28-02-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Do any of you know about the test the do in Dundalk ie routes etc. I was hoping to get Drogheda but didn't :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best bet is to call a Dundalk instructor and book a lesson or 2 to run through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Madame Feathers

recommend anyone?:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Haven't a scooby-doo I'm afraid. Some of the other regulars might have some suggestions though. There's a 'learning to drive' forum under motors too that may be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Hi, there are 2 test centres in Dundalk - The Fairways and the NCT centre. The Fairways has 4 possible test routes not sure about the NCT. I have been doing the tests from the fairways recently with my instructor.

I'm doing the test from the Fairways hotel.What are the routes like.Are they straight forward enough.?Would they take you into the town ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Yes they will take you into town, just go for lessons with a local instructor, they will take you on test routes

The ones from the Fairways kind of skirt around the outside of town, they all involve Hill Street Bridge at some stage in the test. The closest to the town you get is down Seatown. The main thing seems to be roundabouts and plenty of right hand turns. Also be aware there is a hillstart as you leave the Fairways. My main advice get a lesson with a local instructor.

finding trouble getting a number of a local instructor, you got one .

Yeah sure - Leo Gartlan he charges €40 an hour excellent instructor I have sent you his number on PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sean6477

sillyputty wrote: »
    Yeah sure - Leo Gartlan he charges €40 an hour excellent instructor I have sent you his number on PM

Hey,
    could you PM me his number too?, have a test in the same place in a few weeks and need some lessons. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement