Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Goo-d?

• 28-02-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

I'm curious as to the general consensus as to tattoo aftercare products on the market. Do most tattoo-knowledgeable people have an opinion on them or have you used any?
    I'm aware a great many people opt for bepanthen (myself included in the past) as its cheap, readily available and does the job.
    I've recently been using tattoo goo and have found it fine, overpriced IMO, but a good product, kept the colour well too.
    I've seen numerous other products available, H2Ocean, Ink Fixx etc and was wondering if they're snake oil or a tattoo miracle cream? (so to speak)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

i use tattoo goo, i bought it online from america so it wasnt overpriced! i try to use the goo a few times a week and the ink is still nice and vivid

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got some tattoo goo for free as a trial when I got a touch up done. I have the goo and the aftercare lotion but I didn't notice too much of a difference healing wise between that and bepanthen. Must give it a proper go when I get my next tattoo. I've used H2Ocean for piercings and found it to be the shiznit really, except when I need to do a proper sea salt soak - there's no replacement for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

For tattoos I use bepanthen for the fiirst few days then switch to pure aloe vera gel.

Piercings I just use good ol sea salt soaks :cool:

I find the aloe vera gel great for stretched lobes too :)

Advertisement