Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG week 9th of March

Options
  • 28-02-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi guys can someone tell me what's happing on the 9th of March, I hear there is a farmers ball on the wed nite and that its clashing with the fashion show? something on Tuesday or Monday? I haven't heard anything? bungee jump in auinger st? and I was chatting my mate in Auinger st last week he told me that students in auinger st wouldn't go to the farmers ball as they were from the city and wouldn't have wellies to wear to the ball ( TRUE ) so they are setting up a city slicker's ball instead? like come on people grow up the farmers ball is just for fun.......!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Nothing any good ever happens during rag week...U'd be lucky to see a DJ in an SU on one site...Where's all the capitation money going?? not being spent on the students anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

tonyfloney wrote: »
    like come on people grow up the farmers ball is just for fun.......!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:)

No its not fun.
    It's a very serious DIT tradition, in which the na halla damhsa is divided. Gach buachailli on who side and gach cailin on the other. Interaction can only occur between them when the ceannaire starts the necessary dancing instructions.
    At the end of the night it is hoped an cailin will be wooed by the buachaillis dancing prowess and thus courting will ensue. Which will lead to marriage and they will both retire to somewhere, other than Dublin (and/or the main surrounding counties) where they will raise a family on a chicken farm..... until they're old enough to start a nice engineering/science course in DIT.

And so the circle of life continues.......

Inbred.jpg

For more information, vist your local library.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I look forward to the inevitable carnival of bad bands in the snackery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tonyfloney

And so the circle of life continues.......

The Circle of life continues indeed as you and da! or like omg, My father, like daddy dearest, would like come home from like the bank and stuff and like my allowance was like getting a pay cut like daddy is cos like some fukin guy like forgot to like close the safe in like the bank and daddys is like being investaget like in the golden circle....like daddy was supposed to like but me a golden circle for its the weekend and he always gets me something for the weekend like....cos its the weekend...you get the picture...

And so the circle of life continues.......as you say but may I remind you that this was all about having an event on for students and it was for fun but you dont see that as your so far up your own hole cos like your from dublin like....grow up dude

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

What?

• Advertisement

What?[/quote]

Stick with us here jill what our friend was talking about or trying to take the piss out of people who would think that the farmers ball would be a joke as they are all inbred funny guy and a jakeen to boot so ya I was taking the piss out of the dubs as they want ot have a city clicker ball instaed cos they have no wellies to wear to the farmers ball.....got me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I look forward to the inevitable carnival of bad bands in the snackery.

Did you say bad bands? That can only mean one thing: me and a bunch of cardboard cut-outs are going to storm the place with brilliantly awful tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

http://www.ditsu.ie/rag-week-09-schedule

Coronas and Fight Like Apes, among other stuff...

bohsfan wrote: »
    http://www.ditsu.ie/rag-week-09-schedule

Coronas and Fight Like Apes, among other stuff...

Fair enough lets hope its as good as galways................:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

No rag week will ever be as good as ours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Caliden wrote: »
    No rag week will ever be as good as ours
    i dunno man, did you have the coronas?

i mean come on like, we have the coronas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

just my luck rag clashes with cheltnaham so i'll spend the week in work. its not fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CilitBang

As far as know RAG week was decided first. Fashion Show had no chioce but to take Wed 11th cause they coudn't get any other suitable date in Vicar Street. Sure at least there'll be an event for both halves!

Advertisement