Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies drinking PINTS !!!!

Options
  • 28-02-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for your opinion on something..

What is your views on the ladies drinking from pint glasses in a pub ?

Ie do you think it looks common, does it send off some kind of signal etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Prude, Wimmin's can drink what they want, from any container, as long as they get their round in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Would you prefer they lap it up off the floor? :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

clonesbabe wrote: »
    Ie do you think it looks common, does it send off some kind of signal etc

-Common? Maybe in some small, narrow minds.

-Some kind of signal? Mebbe she's thirsteh!!

I are a wimmins. I drink pints. Cant be dehydrating! :cool:

oh, and its only a glass. Glasses come in all shapes and sizes, and one of those being called a pint!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I always think a woman drinking a pint of Guiness looks odd ... but if they want to then why not? I don't like women (well, or men for that reason) drinking a pint and falling all over the place !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Shock horror, wimmins drinking pints.

They'll be leaving the toilet seat up next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Myhairspray

It all depends on the way a woman drinks from a pint glass! One woman can still look cool and attractive while drinking from a pint glass while another, can look like a total turn off. It's all about STYLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Wimmins who drink pints are sexeh imo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if anything this should be encouraged, especially by the brothers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭trout

So long as they want to drink pints in the first place, and it's not my pint, and they don't try to eat the glass afterwards ... I'm all for women/men/people doing whatever they damn well please.

trout wrote: »
    So long as they want to drink pints in the first place, and it's not my pint, and they don't try to eat the glass afterwards ... I'm all for women/men/people doing whatever they damn well please.

Would the esteemed Brother feel the same way about men drinking fruity cocktail type drinks, ones with little pink umbrellas in them? :p

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Would the esteemed Brother feel the same way about men drinking fruity cocktail type drinks, ones with little pink umbrellas in them? :p

*passes fruity cocktail type drink with pink umbrella to orestes* ;)

trout wrote: »
    *passes fruity cocktail type drink with pink umbrella to orestes* ;)

Any chance I could get a salad with that?

orestes wrote: »
    Any chance I could get a salad with that?

ask smashey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

I would feel stingy if I got myself a pint and failed to get the Currrent Wife one as well.

Well, stingy with a sore shoulder from where she punched me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Random wrote: »
    I always think a woman drinking a pint of Guiness looks odd ... but if they want to then why not? I don't like women (well, or men for that reason) drinking a pint and falling all over the place !

Oh no, he went to the Bad Place. Thadydal is going to have a field day. :eek:

So, the great wimmins and pints debate rears it's ugly head again.

There are two trains of thought on this very issue. One, that wimmins should not drink pints, full stop. Two, as has been alluded to above, they can drink out of a wllington boot, as long as they get their round in.

Right here on BGRH, we like our wimmins to be seen, preferably carrying plates of rasher sambos, and not heard.

Ergo, if they are carrying said rashers, they will be absent from their drinks for longer periods of time.

Therefore, their drinks will be going off/flat/warm.

Consequently, wimmins should not drink pints.

I thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Right here on BGRH, we like our wimmins to be seen, preferably carrying plates of rasher sambos, and not heard.

Shouldn't that be bacon sambos ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 suirsider

Shouldn't that be bacon sambos
    No Duffman I think Tom is right. Its a RASHER sambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

You see it all the time in Cork anyway allot of girls dont just drink vodka and splits allot of them drink Bulmers, Miller, Budweiser and Ciders in general.

:D

I like it think a girl who drinks what she likes rather than just for image like a girl having a pint is kewl ^^,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

nah, wimminz shouldn't drink pints, it's just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

What's the problem with wimmins drinking pints?
    It seems as though its uncouth? Bollocks! Who cares what a woman drinks. Sure you wouldn't see Audrey Hepburn drinking one but then again she's dead, be suprised to see her drinking anything. It seems to be mostly about image but that's still a bit stupid, drinking is not about the image. Unless of course its someone dressed in a tracksuit with bits hanging out that you don't want to see.
    They said there weren't wimmin on the internets too but that didn't stop them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Making rasher sambos is thirsty work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

maybe it's because I'm in my 20s, but women drinking pints is entirely normal and unremarkable in my eyes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

wimmins should not drink pints, it is only pink fluffy drinks for us with umbrellas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

rasher sambos with tomato ketchup - right - followed by a nice ice cold pint of miller....nothin wrong with us women and pints..so long as the women drinking pints know there limits nothing worse than seeing drunk women hanging of a pint...gives rest of us the bad name and give guys like the op the opener to say its a big no no...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

shezzie wrote: »
    a nice ice cold pint of miller.....

nothing nice about miller, i think its time you left now

the door is that way
    >

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

As long they're not drinking their pint through a straw I don't see anything wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

pink fluffy bunny - dont worry been known to have lots of fluffy drinks with umbrellas too - can i come back now;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

wimmins should not drink pints, it is only pink fluffy drinks for us with umbrellas
    knew a wimmin that liked Guinness and Blackcurrant :eek:

But she asked for it in a pub where such heresy was unknown. They put the blackcurrant in first.

This resulted in a pint with a pink fluffy head :eek::eek::eek::eek:

kGuinness and Blackcurrant :eek:

Let us never speak of this abomination again :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They are meant to put the blackcurrant in first.

Thats how I started drinking guiness, broke the news to the parents took'em
    out to dinner and my Dad dissapeared and came back with a glass of guiness with blackcurrant in it for me and insisted I drank it.

Now a long long time ago when I was a wee lass and visiting family away done in Kerry
    I was in the pub with my Dad my GrandDa and an assortment of extended family members and there was a right ruckus when I went up and got a round and a pint for myself. I had been given a glass the two rounds before and just ordered 4 pints and stood drinking it in at the bar.

The place fell quieter then a mass post communion and then there was a roar from
    one of the regulars that I was no lady and a call for me to be kicked out.
    with that all the family that was there bless them all stood up and said if I was being
    chucked out they were all going and that settled that.

I am still known down that way as 'Ned's granddaughter that drinks pints".

Advertisement