Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies drinking PINTS !!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i used to work with an absolute stunner who could swamp pints of guinness. she looks the real glass of wine/gin and tonic type but boy could she swamp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭trout

swampin' ... a vastly underrated, sadly overlooked and oft-neglected trait in today's wimmin

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I am still known down that way as 'Ned's granddaughter that drinks pints".

THAT is a beautiful sentiment!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

i used to work with an absolute stunner who could swamp pints of guinness. she looks the real glass of wine/gin and tonic type but boy could she swamp
    Approved. 3 of the top 10 sauciest wimmens I've known have been well able to bate through Guinness. There's very little sexier than a lass who looks like she'd crease at the sniff of an alcopop lorrying into her 8th pint of Vitamin G whilst still holding her womanly mystique.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

They are meant to put the blackcurrant in first.

Thats how I started drinking guiness, broke the news to the parents took'em
    out to dinner and my Dad dissapeared and came back with a glass of guiness with blackcurrant in it for me and insisted I drank it.

Now a long long time ago when I was a wee lass and visiting family away done in Kerry
    I was in the pub with my Dad my GrandDa and an assortment of extended family members and there was a right ruckus when I went up and got a round and a pint for myself. I had been given a glass the two rounds before and just ordered 4 pints and stood drinking it in at the bar.

The place fell quieter then a mass post communion and then there was a roar from
    one of the regulars that I was no lady and a call for me to be kicked out.
    with that all the family that was there bless them all stood up and said if I was being
    chucked out they were all going and that settled that.

I am still known down that way as 'Ned's granddaughter that drinks pints".

Heretic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah away wtih you now, that wasn't what you saying at the corest beers when I was having a pint of the blackstuff.

ah away wtih you now, that wasn't what you saying at the corest beers when I was having a pint of the blackstuff.

It wasn't the black stuff I was looking at. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What you mean you weren't looking lovingly at the two pints I had sitting infront of me ?
    I am confused :P

What you mean you weren't looking lovingly at the two pints I had sitting infront of me ?
    I am confused :P

Yes.

I mean no.

I mean yes.

What was the question again?

"Two lovely pints"

now there is a name I've never heard them called!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Arent all glasses pint glasses?

I can honestly say I havent seen a woman drinking beer from a half-pint glass in years.
    Sure, they drink those coloured things that taste like melted cool pops laced with vodka, but they dont count as real drinks do they?

A pint is the only true measure of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

A friend of mine was working this weekend in a Dublin bar for the first time, the girls weren't too classy. One came up to him and ordered 2 vodkas and a red bull. He served her and she said in thick scanger accent "listen, don't think I'm a c**t but could you give me it in a pint glass?".

Classy burd.

Pints wise, girls drinking pints is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

no probs with girls drinking pints

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

This imo its silly, why can't girls drink pints? I did for years in college and none of the men I knew cared, I could even down one quicker than a few of them! :o:D

Now I drink whiskey and I get some of the weirdest looks when I go up and order. Even my mother thinks its shocking that a girl would drink whiskey. Her words were... "Women are not meant to drink whiskey" :eek:
    Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Not being a sexist for a change, but I just think its wrong........

You wrote:
    Jemmy wrote: »
    I did for years in college and none of the men I knew cared, I could even down one quicker than a few of them!

I read:
    Jemmy wrote: »
    I did for years in college and none of the men I knew cared, I could even go down quicker after a few of them!

I really must get my eyes checked.

Or get out of the gutter, I dunno.

Still, wimmins should not drink pints.

Well Boo Boo, if you read correctly maybe they should drink MORE pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Don1 wrote: »
    Not being a sexist for a change, but I just think its wrong........

So you are being Sexist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I don't even know any more..........

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

oktoberfest_2.jpg

What's not to like?

* I realise those aren't pints... unless they're hobbits

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Going metric has some advantages, as long as they're not halves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love drinking pints - Carlsberg, Erdinger, Becks, hell whatever they have that isn't Heineken. I like the taste of beer, those little vodka drinks are far too sugary for my liking. I always find it weird when males comment on my drinking. Did I ask you? No i did not. Do I care? No I do not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

oktoberfest_2.jpg

What's not to like?

being honest i didnt even notice they were drinking.......

one of them has a lovely pair of 'pints' though

Twee. wrote: »
    I love drinking pints - Carlsberg, Erdinger, Becks, hell whatever they have that isn't Heineken. I like the taste of beer, those little vodka drinks are far too sugary for my liking. I always find it weird when males comment on my drinking. Did I ask you? No i did not. Do I care? No I do not!

If a male questions you on drinking pints, and he is not 50-Dead, then challenge him to a Drinking Contest. You will win because he is a Girly wimmins and you are a real wimmin.

Men Over 50, are allowed to question it, because they have lived through real tough times and are therefore usually men.

Men younger than 50 should not have to prove themselves, but sometimes they show themselves to be a big Girls Blouse.

But, I must ask, to make sure you are a real and proper wimmin, Do you drink Budweiser? *Spit, choke, eugh* I hate that word!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

But, I must ask, to make sure you are a real and proper wimmin, Do you drink Budweiser? *Spit, choke, eugh* I hate that word!!!

Eugh, no way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

The girlfriend drinks a pint of beer with me. Beats the hell out of askin for a vodka and red bull, or worse, payin for one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Dusty87 wrote: »
    The girlfriend drinks a pint of bud with me. Beats the hell out of askin for a vodka and red bull, or worse, payin for one

Oh no, the dreaded word has been spoken!

Sorry sorry never meant it

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Sorry sorry never meant it

It's doesn't matter if you meant it or not!!! You drink that...that....Tripe. My god man, you need some wall to wall counselling.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Its not that bad when its cold. Although have been gettin a banging headache lately. Well its either that or heineken and feck all drink heiny in the local

Advertisement