Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guards behind city square

• 28-02-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

was just down by the car park entrance to city square lots of quards down there and the road is blocked off anyone know whats going on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I heard that someone was thrown out a window in the flats across from city square. One of the guys who lives there had to leave work because his landlord called him and told him about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Holy ShIt,

That sounds pretty serious, What Flats? I'm not really aware of any around city square.

By the gay bar/strip club/whatever it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

dlofnep wrote: »
    By the gay bar/strip club/whatever it is now.

we have a gay strip club? i knew i shouldn't have gotten rid of my rubber catsuit and gimp mask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

nah there isnt a gay strip club there, its just a strip club.

i heard someone was stabed and was found on the step's , im sure it will be on the news/radio what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 lollypop41

ziedth wrote: »
    Holy ShIt,

That sounds pretty serious, What Flats? I'm not really aware of any around city square.

i think its called high street

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Off topic but this is the second incident in as many days in Waterford I believe. A friend witnessed an accident in Ferrybank where someone fell/jumped out in front of a car causing a crash. I think the occupents of one of the cars was pretty injured.

Any updates? I can't find anything online yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't know exactly what transpired, but some guy was apparently found bleeding on the steps in the morning. The gardai spent quite a while washing out the inside of the flat with some big washer/hoover thing too, after examining it, so perhaps whatever happened began inside there. It was that place with the window covered in a poster for some sports clinic or something along those lines. At least the door is beside that window, and I assume it is the door to that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Sully wrote: »
    Off topic but this is the second incident in as many days in Waterford I believe. A friend witnessed an accident in Ferrybank where someone fell/jumped out in front of a car causing a crash. I think the occupents of one of the cars was pretty injured.

Was this on Abbey Road? Passed the accident the other night and it looked bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bluesfan wrote: »
    Was this on Abbey Road? Passed the accident the other night and it looked bad.

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

was this chap irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

lollypop41 wrote: »
    was just down by the car park entrance to city square lots of quards down there and the road is blocked off anyone know whats going on
    In the News and Star today.
    The man was from the ballybeg area but living in the Keizer Street apartment. According to garda investigations, he fell out of the apartment window and into the basement area of the building.
    He was treated for head, leg and kneck injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The man was from the ballybeg area but living in the Keizer Street apartment. According to garda investigations, he fell out of the apartment window and into the basement area of the building.
    Ouch!
    Did it say how he fell or "fell"?

So he wasn't stabbed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Slashed 4 times across his throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

It didn't say anything about him being stabbed, just that he was the only occupant of the apartment at the time and that he was found with the key to the apartment on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What a bunch of old wimmin you are.

Interesting. The news report said he wasnt stabbed but the rumourmill says he ways.

Who to believe? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

the news report cant say anything untill all of his family are informed, even at that, if hes underage they cant then either. im not sure if he was irish or not because theres a mix of people living in the apartment block.

theres a few things that happened. i live in the apartment over this. iv been told a bit by guards and a lot by landlords. there was someone stabbed. definitly. theres visible blood spatter on the walls inside the apartment it happened in. the place is ripped apart. aparantly drugs were involved but its still being investigated. but there were 2 minimum involved. the dude in the hospital and the news went out the window. he wasnt stabbed as far as i know. the reason there was a pump pumping out water was because one of these guys flooded the apartment up over the ground floor one where the stabbing happened and this caused the ceilings of 3 apartments to collapse. the other apartments below are so badly water damaged that the floors are swelled up and the front doors wont open.

theres more to it than that obviously but sure isnt there always. all i know is that i wana get out of there. freakin the head off me every time i walk past the place seein the blood on the walls.

there was guards there for a good few days and nights after it happened but they arent there now so i dont feel safe in my own home. stuff like this is just out of control...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus thats terrible. I wouldn't blame you for feeling unsafe living there. Can't believe that much damage was caused. The violence some people are capable of shocks me to my very core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

he's irish alright, from ballybeg originally and known to the gardai. tough break banana face, having to put up with that **** on your own doorstep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That is just crazy,

Just when I start to think that this scumbagishness (If its not a word it should be:D) is after fecking out of town this happens. I would seriously hate to be living in that kind of enviorment man.

Advertisement