Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Donaldson - Moisture Bud new track up!

• 28-02-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just stuck a new track up on my myspace, looking for some feedback as im getting round to sending off demos to some labels ive been wanting to work with for a while, so any constructive/unconstructive critcism welcome!

Its a minimal track with a rolling sin bass and some housey elements, send me a pm if you would like an mp3 of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

hey man you should set up a soundcloud account.they let you upload 320 versions of your track t playback.also a good few labels on there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

yeah ive actually got a soundcloud but ive only put a few things in labels dropboxes havent really delved into its other possibilites yet.

Any thoughts on the track?

im actually packing up my studio right now to be shipped home so i can only hear it on my laptop speakers.as soon as i dig out my headphones ill throw some feedback your way

seannash wrote: »
    im actually packing up my studio right now to be shipped home so i can only hear it on my laptop speakers.as soon as i dig out my headphones ill throw some feedback your way

cool man cheers!

just listening there now.
    really like the bassline and the melody is sweet.
    im not too fond of the reverbed hat(i think its a hat).im presuming you kinda wanted it out of sync with everything else but maybe not as much as you have it.
    personally id like a few of the elements panned a bit more like the high click(maybe a wood block or something like that)just coz things are a bit centred.
    the reverb tails are a little too long i think and a bit loud(just a bit).
    anyway thats just the negative stuff and im no expert to be honest.overall i really like it.think its your best one.id buy this if i heard it.
    saying that any 320 floating about :D

• Advertisement

yeah i think your dead right about the hat, i did want it to be slightly out of sync but i think that i left the reverb gate a little too long on it, might be taking away from the the bass line a bit, really appreciated the feedback and im glad you liked it, ill pm you a link to a 320kpbs version of it!

also i think you could do a intro and outro with just the drums no bass and still keep the length the same but thats just personal preference

seannash wrote: »
    also i think you could do a intro and outro with just the drums no bass and still keep the length the same but thats just personal preference

that crossed my mind actually as i usually do that with my songs, but i just stuck the bass straight in on this one cause i fancied a change.

your right about the panning aswell, im usually pretty lazy when it comes to doing stuff like that

SteveDon wrote: »
    that crossed my mind actually as i usually do that with my songs, but i just stuck the bass straight in on this one cause i fancied a change.

your right about the panning aswell, im usually pretty lazy when it comes to doing stuff like that
    ha ha that happens alright but it could help it you know.but yeah the more im listening the more im liking which is good :D
    hopefully youll get a few more reviews from people too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Im really liking it too I agree a longer intro would be nicer but apart from that its a :cool: tune.. Really like that baseline too..

• Advertisement

why was this moved to the clubbing section?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice track I like it...

However the background on your myspace page makes it really difficult to read the page - stick with something simple imo

Zascar wrote: »
    Nice track I like it...

However the background on your myspace page makes it really difficult to read the page - stick with something simple imo

Cheers for taking the time to listen, Im in agreement with you with regards the page layout, its pretty awful, im not a fan of the html on myspace cant seem to get my head around it!

Advertisement