Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brian Cowen Ard Fheis Speech Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

Darragh29 wrote: »
    He doesn't seem to have copped yet, that it is him and his party that people are furious with. There is this deliberate denial going on within Fianna Fail at he moment, that WE are furious with THEM, because if they were to not deny this anger and who it is actually being directed at, they would have to call a general election.

Fianna Fail are simply an arrogant shower of f*****s. FF can stay in their ivory tower as long as they like. The simple fact is the longer FF stay in power the more likely they are to never be in power again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The blind faith the hardcore FF followers still have in the party is astounding and amusing.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Fianna Fail are simply an arrogant shower of f*****s. FF can stay in their ivory tower as long as they like. The simple fact is the longer FF stay in power the more likely they are to never be in power again.

If these people really cared about the national interest and had any patriotism in them, they'd call an election, but they don't give a f*ck about the country, the economy, the people losing their jobs or the suffering people are going through, all they are interested in is their privileges and trappings of office, their pay cheques, their unvouched expenses and their pensions.

We are not going to get this resolved without getting out onto the streets and STAYING THERE, in huge numbers until this government get the message that the game is up, and we won't be taking any more codding.

galwayrush wrote: »
    The blind faith the hardcore FF followers still have in the party is astounding and amusing.:rolleyes:

It would be amusing only the stakes are so high now. I looked at people in that conference hall yesterday in Citywest and looked at them, unable to understand how on earth that can turn up and support this man and the Fianna Fail party, it's like they are all under some sort of collective hallucinogenic spell.

We are not going to get this resolved without getting out onto the streets and STAYING THERE, in huge numbers until this government get the message that the game is up, and we won't be taking any more codding.

I think you could be on to something. If they are not goin to listen to the people well we are going to have to force them to. We should have a mass protest outside Leinster House. We could then stop all politicians from leaving until they call a general election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It would be amusing only the stakes are so high now. I looked at people in that conference hall yesterday in Citywest and looked at them, unable to understand how on earth that can turn up and support this man and the Fianna Fail party, it's like they are all under some sort of collective hallucinogenic spell.

Morelike, some huge collective 'scratch my back' syndrome.
    Most of them wouldn't want to be left out in the cold from the gombeen network (quango appointments, planning decisions, contracts in the 'gift of the minister') etc

I think you could be on to something. If they are not goin to listen to the people well we are going to have to force them to. We should have a mass protest outside Leinster House. We could then stop all politicians from leaving until they call a general election.

I think that is what it is going to come to in the very near future, and I think it will be a very peaceful affair but it will be equally determined. We need to gather in huge numbers and sit outside the gates of Leinster House and everything goes on hold until this government falls. Then we can start to go forward again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

If these people really cared about the national interest and had any patriotism in them, they'd call an election, but they don't give a f*ck about the country, the economy, the people losing their jobs or the suffering people are going through, all they are interested in is their privileges and trappings of office, their pay cheques, their unvouched expenses and their pensions.

Patriotism, ha, they even got their bloody Web Site built by an American company.
    PS, Did you notice that the Indo was trying to "talk up" his speech, today?

Hillel wrote: »
    PS, Did you notice that the Indo was trying to "talk up" his speech, today?

Hardly surprising considering so many of their writers are unapologetic FFs. The likes Brendan O' Connor and Eoin Harris are hardly their harshest critics:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

Hardly surprising considering so many of their writers are unapologetic FFs. The likes Brendan O' Connor and Eoin Harris are hardly their harshest critics:eek:

Quite.

• Advertisement

Eoghan Harris is beyond redemption or discussion. He is so determined to defend these guys, for no apparent reason by the way, the only explanation is that there is some other manolevent entity inside his head controlling what is coming out of his mouth. He is the most despicible piece of work on the political scene at the moment.

Eoghan Harris is beyond redemption or discussion. He is so determined to defend these guys, for no apparent reason by the way, the only explanation is that there is some other manolevent entity inside his head controlling what is coming out of his mouth. He is the most despicible piece of work on the political scene at the moment.

Was Eoin Harris once a commie ? or did I imagine that ?
    That man has negative credibility at this stage. A complete and utter lick arse FFer if ever there was one.

Was Eoin Harris once a commie ? or did I imagine that ?
    That man has negative credibility at this stage. A complete and utter lick arse FFer if ever there was one.

He is an unapologetic lick arse who has his head so far up the Fianna Fail hole, that some day Brian Cowen will open his mouth at a press conference and Eoghan Harris's head will come out. He has no understanding whatsoever of the national interest, he ignores job losses and defends Fianna Fail without apology. He ignores the failures of that party day after day after day, ignores the associated hardship, poverty and misery and continues to insist that Fianna Fail are doing the right thing. It's akin to driving the wrong way down the M50, seeing multiple car crashes in your rear view mirror as you continue to proceed doing the wrong thing, then getting out of your car and continuing to insist that you did the right thing by driving down the wrong side of the M50...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

By Far the best part of any Ard Fheis this decade ! All these guys are reputed to be selectees for the upcoming local elections

In case the link aint working ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elLmrCmOqo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Het-Field wrote: »

By Far the best part of any Ard Fheis this decade ! All these guys are reputed to be selectees for the upcoming local elections

In case the link aint working ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elLmrCmOqo

Cows looking over a hedge would look more alert. Still that's what passes for FF these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

He is an unapologetic lick arse who has his head so far up the Fianna Fail hole, that some day Brian Cowen will open his mouth at a press conference and Eoghan Harris's head will come out. He has no understanding whatsoever of the national interest, he ignores job losses and defends Fianna Fail without apology. He ignores the failures of that party day after day after day, ignores the associated hardship, poverty and misery and continues to insist that Fianna Fail are doing the right thing. It's akin to driving the wrong way down the M50, seeing multiple car crashes in your rear view mirror as you continue to proceed doing the wrong thing, then getting out of your car and continuing to insist that you did the right thing by driving down the wrong side of the M50...

while i dont get harris,s cheerleading of cowen , its untrue to say he ignores job losses , hes been writing about job losses in the privat sector in his collumn for months , he is one of the few journalists who point out the hypocrosy of the public sector unions

irish_bob wrote: »
    while i dont get harris,s cheerleading of cowen , its untrue to say he ignores job losses , hes been writing about job losses in the privat sector in his collumn for months , he is one of the few journalists who point out the hypocrosy of the public sector unions

It isn't just Cowen, he was the same with Ahern. You cannot praise a government that presides over the meltdown of an entire economy... If you do, you obviously have something wrong with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It isn't just Cowen, he was the same with Ahern. You cannot praise a government that presides over the meltdown of an entire economy... If you do, you obviously have something wrong with you...

Harris plays devil's advocate and will argue for the sake of it. He was well rewarded by Ahern for his grovelling,servile and obsequious behaviour, aka Uriah Heep Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I may be a wee bit OTT here but does anybody get a sense of similarity between the position of the current Taoiseach and that of Nicolai Ceaucescu during his final days in office ?

I`m particularly minded by the somewhat poingniant moments when Ceaucescu attempts to continue his speech from the balcony and is totally and genuinely bewildered at the cacophony from the masses gathered below baying for his blood.

I`m with K. Myers here,when he wrote a few weeks ago about FF Ministers needing to consider their personal security in the light of the pent up anger of the populace (not to mention the amount of firearms going a-begging).

It really is looking as if the Government have lost whatever little plot they may have had.... :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I may be a wee bit OTT here but does anybody get a sense of similarity between the position of the current Taoiseach and that of Nicolai Ceaucescu during his final days in office ?

I`m particularly minded by the somewhat poingniant moments when Ceaucescu attempts to continue his speech from the balcony and is totally and genuinely bewildered at the cacophony from the masses gathered below baying for his blood.

I`m with K. Myers here,when he wrote a few weeks ago about FF Ministers needing to consider their personal security in the light of the pent up anger of the populace (not to mention the amount of firearms going a-begging).

It really is looking as if the Government have lost whatever little plot they may have had.... :eek:

Where was that Kevin Myers article???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Every single person who stood in Citywest yesterday with Fianna Fail and supported this party that has proven that it is the biggest threat to the viability of the nation since the foundation of the state, is a traitor.[/QUOTE]

And you sir have cut right to the chase and for this I applaud you

I hope to Christ that they cease to function as a party after these elections. Can you imagine a world without FF???

Its like in the Simpsons when Lisa gets into a taxi in the future.
    "Hey arent you Brian Cowen?"

"Er no read the tag, Omar Jafar"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Where was that Kevin Myers article???

In the Independent a fortnight back....just a little footnote at the tail end of an article,but thats where the sting usually is !

Try the main site and go back through his pieces ??

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It's past the point of being of embarrassing. Will the Celtice tiger ever return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

orourkeda wrote: »
    It's past the point of being of embarrassing. Will the Celtice tiger ever return

The tiger has worn out it's claws digging a hole, and unfortunately it's still digging having learned nothing from recent experience:)

Advertisement