Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orhan Pamuk

Options
  • 28-02-2009 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever read this guy? Besides the fact that he has a bit of a checquered history in Turkey (For apologising for the Armenian genocide) he writes very well. its almost like he is the personification of the split Turkish personality (European/Asian, Liberal/Islamist) I've only read Snow and the White Castle, both of which I'd consider in my favourites. Anyone reccomend anything else by him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I loved "I know my name is red", my favourite of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

'My Name is Red' is quite good. Must try some more of his shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I've only read My Name is Red, I was disappointed tbh, wasn't my sort of book. I started to read a friend's copy of Snow while at his house, I might see if I can borrow it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

theCzar wrote: »
    I've only read My Name is Red, I was disappointed tbh, wasn't my sort of book. I started to read a friend's copy of Snow while at his house, I might see if I can borrow it.

You'll like Snow. Especially if you don't like religious people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I liked the start, and I don't like religious people so, hmmm, could be :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Was very disappointed with 'My Name is Red'.

Advertisement