Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for (good) male doctors in County Wicklow?

• 28-02-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to source a good male doctor in County Wicklow if you can recommend any?
    Preferred type of doctor: thorough, knowlegeable, reliable & professional (i.e. what a doctor should be).

I live in Greystones and have been to Dr O'Keefe in Carraig Clinic and Dr Cuddihy in Trafalgar house there....let's just say they're none of the above ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Dr. Craig Bishop who has a clinic in Newtownmountkennedy and Wicklow Town. He'd defo tick all the boxes you'd want. Very professional, thorough and a great laugh too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

olewy wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to source a good male doctor in County Wicklow if you can recommend any?
    Preferred type of doctor: thorough, knowlegeable, reliable & professional (i.e. what a doctor should be).

I live in Greystones and have been to Dr O'Keefe in Carraig Clinic and Dr Cuddihy in Trafalgar house there....let's just say they're none of the above ;)

Dr Nick Breen (colleague of Dr. Cuddihy) I've always found very helpful. Just ring the practise and specifically ask for an appointment with him. Plus when you go in you can say "Hi Dr.Nick..." which for a Simpsons fan is just perfect...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Dr Gallagher in Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Pat Linanne in the village practice based in Kilcoole and Newtownmountkennedy and possibly Wicklow town is the best GP I have attended for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Dr Downes in Greystones medical centre is very good, takes his time and explains everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Dr Downes in Greystones medical centre is very good, takes his time and explains everything
    Agreed I liked him alot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eurox

Have to agree re Dr Nick Breen, top drawer very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Im always happy to see any of the doctors in salem medical in wicklow town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

loyatemu wrote: »
    Plus when you go in you can say "Hi Dr.Nick..." which for a Simpsons fan is just perfect...

Genius.......i might just think up some ailments simply for an excuse for a visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Eurox wrote: »
    Have to agree re Dr Nick Breen, top drawer very good.

Dr. Nick Breen is by far THE best male doctor in all of Wicklow.... extremely thorough, explains everything, has all the time in the world for all your questions, great listener, wonderful bedside manner, and sympathetic.... What more can a patient want. He is my top choice for adults and children alike. My hyper son of 5 years of age broke his stethoscope during one of our visits to him, and it didnt phase Dr. Breen one bit!! Now there`s patience for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Dr John Meehan or Dr Finnegan, in Salem Medical Hall Wicklow town gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darcy30

I have been on sleeping tablets for a number of years and my doctor retired so i am looking for a doctor in the wickow/dublin area that will give me a prescription please help

Advertisement