Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you name the Video Game Systems?

• 28-02-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.sporcle.com/games/videogame_systems.php

I got 34 out of 64.. Fore-warning, stuff like spectrum zx and commodore aren't listed as they are classified as PC's. Not bad though! No cheating. Even hardcore gamers like dlofnep will struggle with some.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

39. That was hard. :p

Annoyed that I missed ones like N-gage,gameboy pocket and nomad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

I got 36, i missed some really obvioius ones of system i actually own

snes
    Nintendo ds
    Virtual boy
    Psp
    Nomad.

lol its funny how when your put under pressure you just go completly blank i was trying to get the obscure ones first. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

ah bugger. only 31.

quite hard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got 39.

A few screamers I missed. Should be shot for missing out on the N64. TurboExpress was on the end of my tongue. I put in TurboDuo but whatever way I put it in it didn't recognise it.

Where's the 32X?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

32 :( Completely forgot about the NeoGeo/NeogeoCD/Neo Geo Pocket Color How the hell..?!

Also, I really think the Sega Mega CD & 32X should have gotten a mention (As they would have brought my score up :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

32x wasn't a console, just an add-on so it doesn't count. I tried it too :D Sega CD was an add-on also. But Sega CDX was a full system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

o1s1n wrote: »
    32 :( Completely forgot about the NeoGeo/NeogeoCD/Neo Geo Pocket Color How the hell..?!

Also, I really think the Sega Mega CD & 32X should have gotten a mention (As they would have brought my score up :D)

blasphemy how can you forget the Snk range. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

33 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

39... Some of the consoles there I've never heard off! I mean the hyperscan? wtf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

38. I was reading an article about old consoles a couple of weeks ago and remembered some of the obscure 80s ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/modern/mattel_hyperscan.htm

theres the hyperscan, I didnt know about it either, very obscure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

28 out of 68, All the big name ones from '85 onwards except the Game Boy Advance the rest that I didn't get I never really heard of before except one or two that made me say Ah yeah I vaguely recall that

38/68 , never heard of the hyperscan myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got 40 overall, once the curtain came back to show the missed ones I felt a bit had, especially as they included things like the Atari Flashback and the Flashback 2 as consoles when they should be excluded by their own definitions, as they are merely expansions of the 2600 and 7800.
    I forgot the Saturn and Neo Geo CD, and I own them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got 40 overall, once the curtain came back to show the missed ones I felt a bit had, especially as they included things like the Atari Flashback and the Flashback 2 as consoles when they should be excluded by their own definitions, as they are merely expansions of the 2600 and 7800.
    I forgot the Saturn and Neo Geo CD, and I own them!

Advertisement