Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest pint in Dublin??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Pints in Dublin are so much more expensive than the rest of the country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

I suppose it's the overheads bar owners are paying that filter through to the customers. Also the prices paid for pubs in Dublin during the good times were just crazy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Cafe Royal is 3.50 all pints for the last 4 months BTW. The 3 quid one is now just a fleeting memory.

Czech in does pitchers for 10 quid all day everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

3 euro pints in diceys on harcourt street on thursday..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Latchy wrote: »
    Yep ,know the area well .You say ' use to be Major Toms ' what's it called now ?

That place is called Ruaille Buaille now. I'm going there later. Good little spot. If only they could knock down the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre it would be a great little sun-trap....and if there was some sun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Is there a door charge for Ruaille Buaille? Is it €3.50 all night, or just until 12? Thinking of heading there tomorrow night, is the €3.50 deal on Saturdays too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Is there a door charge for Ruaille Buaille? Is it €3.50 all night, or just until 12? Thinking of heading there tomorrow night, is the €3.50 deal on Saturdays too?

Its on every day,the price goes up to a fiver after 12,there may be a cover charge but i dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

Degsy wrote: »
    Its on every day,the price goes up to a fiver after 12,there may be a cover charge but i dont think so.

Was there last night, free in and pints were 3.50 until 2am, brilliant offer but the place was rather dead. Suprising seeing as it is by far the cheapest place in town. And good music aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

crushproof wrote: »
    Was there last night, free in and pints were 3.50 until 2am, brilliant offer but the place was rather dead. Suprising seeing as it is by far the cheapest place in town. And good music aswell!

I was there the other day, got a pint of Guinness ..I have no doubt it was watered down..really pisses me off when places like that take you for a fool, they think that they have a rite to water it down if they are only charging 3.50.

Also was in Dandelion 2 Mondays ago, wasn't as obvious but the guinness was watered down a bit..it was buy 1 drink get 1 free, so I didnt mind too much at that, just switched to 500ml bottles of Tiger, which was also buy 1 get 1 free..works out at about 3 quid a bottle, near enough to offi prices.Good deal. Prob end up there again tonight:D

While I'm at it, the worst offender of all is TGI Fridays..especially their cocktails which are less alchahol then a club shandy. ..they make them from sum pre mix crap so u cant actually see them put spirits in the mix..

One place that has a great pint of Beamish, that is deffo not watered down, is the gingerman, and @3.50 a pint, plus they do a couple of other homebrews at 3.50...great beers...one of them used to sell in the porterhouse, think its caled Friars Weiss..very nice beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I was there the other day, got a pint of Guinness ..I have no doubt it was watered down..really pisses me off when places like that take you for a fool, they think that they have a rite to water it down if they are only charging 3.50.

Also was in Dandelion 2 Mondays ago, wasn't as obvious but the guinness was watered down a bit..it was buy 1 drink get 1 free, so I didnt mind too much at that, just switched to 500ml bottles of Tiger, which was also buy 1 get 1 free..works out at about 3 quid a bottle, near enough to offi prices.Good deal. Prob end up there again tonight:D

While I'm at it, the worst offender of all is TGI Fridays..especially their cocktails which are less alchahol then a club shandy. ..they make them from sum pre mix crap so u cant actually see them put spirits in the mix..

One place that has a great pint of Beamish, that is deffo not watered down, is the gingerman, and @3.50 a pint, plus they do a couple of other homebrews at 3.50...great beers...one of them used to sell in the porterhouse, think its caled Friars Weiss..very nice beer.

Watered down beer???

Can't comment on the premixed spirits, but I really don't think the beer was watered down. It may have been poor for any number of reasons, but nobody waters their beer down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

sagat wrote: »
    The pints may be cheaper but you'd have to drink twice as much in order to bear being in the same room as Cork people.

Wow, Sagat. Think we might all need the old proverbial 'sickbags' if you joined us for a drink. Don't worry - you can stay wherever it is you're drinking now- you won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Watered down beer???

Can't comment on the premixed spirits, but I really don't think the beer was watered down. It may have been poor for any number of reasons, but nobody waters their beer down.

The Guinness I had was watered down, didn't try anything else, as this pissed me off. I went to another pub where I immediately could tell the difference..much stronger tasting..the way its supposed to be.

It reminded me of some1 giving me a drink of orange squash with way too much water and too little orange squash...

How do you "water down beer" when it arrives in a sealed keg that allows the beer to be pumped out under pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

The castle in rathfarnham village are selling drinks for 4 euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

How do you "water down beer" when it arrives in a sealed keg that allows the beer to be pumped out under pressure?

Exactly, i never understood this accusation, i mean unless they are pouring water into the pint glass first, there's no way of doing it!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Exactly, i never understood this accusation, i mean unless they are pouring water into the pint glass first, there's no way of doing it!?!

Yeah, I have heard this before, surely you can't water down Guinness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Not much use to anyone here, but I was drinking a nice pint of mild in Birmingham a few days ago for £1.49, about €1.75.

Not a strict comparison with Guinness of course but it puts our €3.50, €4, €5 prices in perspective :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yeah, but it's in Birmingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Pint of tap water in my local boozer...FREE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Sizzler wrote: »
    Pint of tap water in my local boozer...FREE :D

OK, so the alchoholic content was not very high :)

• Advertisement

RoyMcC wrote: »
    OK, so the alchoholic content was not very high :)
    The name of the thread didnt mention alcoholic pint :confused::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ruaille Buaille/Major Tom's is gone out of business.

Closed its doors yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No surprise really. It seemed to chance it's name every week - this it was The Scene at last count, but it's also be Down Under and a South African bar. The place was always, always empty. The last time I was there was for an Ireland football match, Synotts was full and it was just about to kick-off so we went in there and it was just dead.

Ah ffs..the minute i start drinking in it!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

3.30 for Beamish in the Pier in Howth.

Ah ffs..the minute i start drinking in it!!:(

Yup, sh*t happens.

Its been getting a great crowd too.

Back to Karma for ya so!.

Back to Karma for ya so!.

Tommorow nite..i'm there!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/windup-order-for-major-toms-owner-1858526.html
    wrote:
    Thursday August 13 2009

The High Court has made an order winding up a company that operated a licensed premises at the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre after hearing that the directors could not pay debts of more than €400,000, writes Aodhan O Faolain.

Yesterday Mr Justice Iarfhlaith O Neill made an order to wind up Belew Ltd, which operated the premises known as Major Tom's, Unit 3B St Stephen Green Shopping Centre, South King Street, Dublin 2, after being informed that the company was insolvent and unable to pay its debts.

The petition to have the company liquidated was brought on behalf of Irish Life Assurances. Irish Life Assurances said that the bulk of the debt, more than €300,000 consisted of rent.

At the High Court yesterday, Belew company secretary Tim Gleeson said that they had tried to negotiate with Irish Life Assurances, and had offered them 10pc of their turnover in order to pay off the debt.

However they said that offered was not accepted.

The judge also granted an order that would allow the company to trade until October 12 next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Thanks, maybe its still opened so!.

For awhile.

Was not open this afternoon whilst walking by..........typical!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement