Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnant belly at 8 weeks?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I am delighted! I am concerned about something though. I am overweight anyway and have been watching my weight as I dont want to gain anymore than I need (doctor recommended I do this too) and so far have not gained any weight which is normal so far.
    Thing is my belly has doubled in size!? I look really bloated and never really had a huge belly (arse is a different story:o) but it just seems I am starting to show very early. Anyone else experience this? This is my 3rd and on the others I didn't really start to show until 15-20 weeks.

Thanks for the imput!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Its not baby, bloat is very common in the early days.. it'll probably go down again. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thanks Quackles, The belly has deflated now thank god but was reallly weird there for a while. Thought I was carrying quads!

foxy06 wrote: »
    Thanks Quackles, The belly has deflated now thank god but was reallly weird there for a while. Thought I was carrying quads!

:) Don't tempt fate! The other thing is that you're probably hyper paranoid about it - it feels like everyone is watching you when you're trying to keep a pregnancy quiet, you feel as big as a house, 'how can they not notice', but you're probably safe enough, unless you're worshipping the porcelain goddess 25/7!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

No none of that thank god. The bloating has been the only real pregnancy sign....other than the positive test obviously! Have 2 boys already and this pregnancy feels different so I am thinking maybe a girl?? Cant wait though!

foxy06 wrote: »
    No none of that thank god. The bloating has been the only real pregnancy sign....other than the positive test obviously! Have 2 boys already and this pregnancy feels different so I am thinking maybe a girl?? Cant wait though!

I dont really believe in that, I had two very different pregnancies resulting in two little boys. Hope you get someone to go shopping with, but in the event you don't, boys are great ;) Girl clothes are so cute, though! Can't I dress Euan up as a girl? Just once?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mumof2maybe3

Im also pregnant with my third, I also have 2 boys and feel this pregnancy is very very different!!!! I keep telling myself its another boy but it would be lovely to have a girl;) Im 16 weeks now but feel like im 7 months:eek: I had a lot of bloating in the early days but now I seem to have a bump that starts under my boobs!!!!!!

Advertisement