Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iodine?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

howdy y'all,

anyone have any historical info on 'The Iodine' on the Corrib - who set it up?, when it was operating? i just come across a reference to it on wikimaps and i always wondered what that V-shaped wall ruin was part of? (thought it was part of Blake's Menlo Castle)...there's not much on google on it...

ta

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Maurice Semple would have been your man for info on this, but he passed away a few years ago

Maybe to go the library and ask for some Maurice Semple books - there's bound to be some info about it in there. I'll check any of his books that I have and see if there's any more info on it (it'll be next week though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i thin i read about that on one of the galway papers sites in some sort of looking back yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Advertisement