Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Born in Galway?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Seen it walking over the Cathedral Bridge, what is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Seen it walking over the Cathedral Bridge, what is it?

:confused:Seen what walking over Cathedral bridge??

Salmon Weir Bridge.

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

yeah it was spotted in Galway alright ;)
    jason_bourne.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

rarnes1 wrote: »
    yeah he was spotted in Galway alright

OP said it was an 'it' not a he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

snubbleste wrote: »
    OP said it was an 'it' not a he.

fixed that for you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

no i wasnt born in galway.... but what the hell are you on about! link? pic? comon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

You know the bridge from the Cathedral into town, when you walk over it and look to you right there is some big building being built called Born In Galway that looks out on the river, does anyone know what it is? ALso I think it's across from the school there. Sorry for not being too clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

It's a new shopping centre/retail outlet called Born

Oh right, anyone know whats going into it then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Salmon Weir Bridge.

What are you talking about?

I'm selling it, let ya have it cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

It's a new shopping centre/retail outlet called Born
    dmcg90 wrote: »
    Oh right, anyone know whats going into it then?

Shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 HomeAccount

Hey, does anyone know the e-mail address for that new shopping centre that's going to be opening up - Born. I think you have to send them CVs through there? A quick google search did nothing.

Thanks.

Merged. The advertiser says: "CVs can be e-mailed to jobs @ thebornstore . com"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Opened today.... Anybody been in there??

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

haven't been there but aparently there is a glass floor that looks down onto the canal

Herself was in there today. They had 20% off so she was happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

was there today!!! wasnt busy at all!! wasnt very impressed with the mens section!! i dont know how well its gonna do with the local economy being so poor!!! view onto the canal and bridge is lovely though

futura123 wrote: »
    was there today!!! wasnt busy at all!!

I didn't go in because I thought it would be busy! Might call in tomorrow on my break!

They obviously had other ideas for the spot.... Its divided into shops here.

http://www.curleyholdings.com/images/Abhainn.na.mBradan-Brochure.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

was in the born store today - i have to say i was thoroughly impressed. the building is very pleasant to shop in - bright and superb views over the canal and river. the clothing range is mostly young and trendy and with 20% off sure i wouldve been crazy not to pick up a few bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

anyone know if its open today
    might go down and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Have to say was slightly disappionted with ladies section. Suppose was anticipating something fabulous. It is a really lovely store but I had hoped the product would be little more exciting.. Mens is amaxing but ladies lacking The merchendising was a bit meh imo and the staff didnt seem very clued in or interested.

While well worth a look - cant see it surviving as a lot of the brands they do can be purchased much much cheaper on line and over heads will require massive turnover to sustain things.

But never the less hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I was in for a look yesterday, was expecting to see a few shops in there but its all the one. They have some nice stuff in there but I thought it was very expensive, saw a jacket that cost more than I make in a week and nothing special about the jacket either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It looks like it sells clothes made out of pixie dust, or at least pure migraine. I don't see it lasting long. Although the shinysparklygirly demographic might lap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

What brands are they selling? is it just the one shop or more than one? is it all clothes?

They sell Diesel and Jack and Jones I think, haven't been in but i'm imagining it's more of a concession style shop like Tempest up north.

What brands are they selling? is it just the one shop or more than one? is it all clothes?

Haven't actually been in there yet (intend to pop in tomorrow) but accordong to my peeps and sources

One big opne plan, two storey shop.
    Bottom floor has womens shoes, accessories bikini/lingerie and clothes (and a cafe, eventually if not already)
    Brands including Mina, Diesel, Rare, Lipsy, St. Martins, S'NOB, Fornarina, Killlah.... more

Mens on top floor

Also has i102-104 radio booth and games area.

I'll have a full report tomorrow :D

Haven't actually been in there yet (intend to pop in tomorrow) but accordong to my peeps and sources

One big opne plan, two storey shop.
    Bottom floor has womens shoes, accessories bikini/lingerie and clothes (and a cafe, eventually if not already)
    Brands including Mina, Diesel, Rare, Lipsy, St. Martins, S'NOB, Fornarina, Killlah.... more

Mens on top floor

Also has i102-104 radio booth and games area.

I'll have a full report tomorrow :D

It'l be interesting to see if i102-104 are going to broadcast a lot of programmes from there.

• Advertisement

I really like it! Spent some time in there today, wandered around upstairs and down.

I think the mens is brilliant, really well laid out, ample amount of clothing, LOVE The suits area. They view of the river and catherdral is amazing!
    Real funky law out, cool gadgets, really reasonable prices.

The girls area is bright and girly, loads of clothes, very much the same, bows and frills, but are all really pretty, some cool Kate Moss tee's, really reasonable at €22.

I can't wait for the cafe to open, great views.

They have little furniture area, expanding I think, looks good.

It gets a thumbs up from me!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement