Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Born in Galway?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i was in there the other day, they have nice stuff, but i think it could be doomed by the current economic situation and it being off the beaten path

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Anyone know what kind of prices they are charging for Mina? In Cork they sell it for far far more than they do online (no surprise there). Is it the same in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I'm not 100% but they've Mina dresses AFAIK from €55 up €100.

Most of the clothes are similar to ASOS prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Def going to take a walk down there today! My friends are always buying stuff off asos! Think il dig out the credit card!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hmm must give this place a look, if only for the shop itself. Feedback from here seems that prices for product is way too high?? (Correct me if I took that up wrong) - No way i'm paying X price in store if I can get it for 50% of the price online, overheads or no overheads... I don't demand fancy new buildings when shopping

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hmm must give this place a look, if only for the shop itself. Feedback from here seems that prices for product is way too high?? (Correct me if I took that up wrong) - No way i'm paying X price in store if I can get it for 50% of the price online, overheads or no overheads... I don't demand fancy new buildings when shopping

I would imagine that if this is the case it will be handy for trying on items before buying online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

janeybabe wrote: »
    I would imagine that if this is the case it will be handy for trying on items before buying online.

i like your style!

I didn't want to be sounding like a cheapskate by saying this, but we think alike :D

Have done it before in Galway, but only after trying to even get a small discount in the shop. If an item in a shop is way more expensive than online, but i've tried it on in the store, i'll tell the assistant how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, and ask if even a small discount off the price tag can be gotten. If something can be done (even 5%) i'll usually buy it there and then, but if I get an ignorant face looking back at me... online I go!

I realise that shop assistants don't have the power to offer discounts, but I never ask "Can YOU give me a discount" I normally ask generally "Can any discount be offered off the price" - Don't be afraid to ask people, remember it costs nothing to ask. I realise shops have huge overheads, but if we (the customer) start kicking up a fuss, then maybe the shop owners will start to kick up a fuzz to the landlord, thus the possibility of reduced rent, hence reduced overheads

It's all a vicious circle :eek:

My favourite 2 brands of clothes are available in a shop near me. They sell some old stock and some new stock. The price in the shop is generally 50% more than the price of ordering online, even with delivery. Why should I support them?

I must go to this place next time I'm in Galway for a look, see what the mark-up is like.

My favourite 2 brands of clothes are available in a shop near me. They sell some old stock and some new stock. The price in the shop is generally 50% more than the price of ordering online, even with delivery. Why should I support them?

I must go to this place next time I'm in Galway for a look, see what the mark-up is like.

In fairness i've no problem paying a little extra for anything in a bricks and morter shop - but TWICE the price than online :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Took a trip over today, had to keep my sunglasses on inside! Such a sunny day with all the glass and white walls i was nearly blinded! Bought myself a nice scarf which imo wasnt that expensive atall! But 30e for a tshirt! No thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Absolutely beautiful piece of architecture and design. Fair play I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 happyguy

just seen an ad in the paper that there is a sale tomorrow with up to 80% off..well cool i love the clothes now i can go on a mad one with my little bit of cash....:D

happyguy wrote: »
    just seen an ad in the paper that there is a sale tomorrow with up to 80% off..well cool i love the clothes now i can go on a mad one with my little bit of cash....:D
    ssshhhh.... don't tell anyone :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

its up to 70% off and the first 200 people in the door get an extra 30% off the sale price. So if somehting was €100 with 70% off (making it €30) you would only pay €21, nice deal =D

sounds like there might be some good buys, will have to get up early or do you think i need to sleep outside the shop tonight.....lol:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 New2Galway

Can anyone tell me the website?

Also what's the easiest way to get to it walking?

their web site is www.thebornstore.com, looks like they haven't done much to their web site but there is a map on it for you. i walked there today from the cathedral just cross over the bridge coming from the cathedral and its on your right as if you were heading to shop street, sorry i don't live in galway so thats the best i can do for you

reading all the adverts in the galway advertiser it looks like all the big stores are having sales over the weekend bt are having an up to 50% off...ahhh where do i spend my last bit of spare cash???? bt feels a bit snobby and anthony ryans feels more like an old person shop and born a young person.....where does a 35y old gut go....yeah yeah i know....the scrapheap.....lol

35?

BT or Born.

The girls down srairs in BT are sound as fook, I usually go in, tell them what I'm willing to drop that day and spend the next 30-40 minutes trying on stuff they pick out and chat them up, freat fun =D

• Advertisement

thanks for that mate, think i will check out born first as their sale starts tomorrow and i think bt starts on saturday. i will let you know how i get on with the "chatting up bt girls"......;)

haha, honestly, their job is to advise customers and they are good at it.

sounds like your more in to bt than born?

I like Gant jeans, their low and loose fit are the most comfortable jeans on the planet and look good with pretyt much anything (i wear them with shirts and nice shoes to interviews or with a pair of shell toes and a t-shirt when going to gigs) and I like polo stuff too so BT is handy for that stuff, born has some really nice things too, well worth a look.

thanks..spotted born do "damaged" brand jeans, fit my fat arse best...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

ssshhhh.... don't tell anyone :rolleyes:

I hear the queue is down as far as Sally Long's this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was in there last night at around half eight and they had most stuff reduced at that stage but you just missed out on the extra 30% if you were the first 200 in. Got some nice stuff for very good prices.

First time in there and really impressed. Lovey building and staff were very friendly.

Must take a look down at this Born place since the sun doesn't seem to be shining today

holy crap batman.....well i was in born this morning, man oh man amazing discounts got bags and bags of stuff.....thanks born, i'll be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

I didn't get that much stuff to be honest, i was there at 10 past 8, got soaked, and found that all I could expect was 20% off as I wasn't one of the first 200.... 20% off expensive is still expensive...

And they closed the changing rooms, boo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement